7.20 - Lorelai? Lorelai? (151) (May 1, 2007)
Title: Lorelai? Lorelai?
Air Date: May 1, 2007
Written by: David S. Rosenthal
Directed by: Bethany Rooney
Tuesday, May 1 at 8/7c
LORELAI ROCKS A KARAOKE BAR
With graduation looming, Rory is anxiety-ridden over her future, so Lorelai tries to cheer her up with a day of eating and shopping. Lorelai notices happily that Luke is once again wearing the baseball cap she gave him, and invites him to join her and Rory for karaoke night at a local bar. After a few drinks, Lorelai takes the stage to sing a heartfelt number which is obviously directed at Luke. Logan returns from a business trip to California and comes to see Lorelai to discuss his future with Rory. Katiegg108@FanForum
TUESDAY, MAY 1
"GILMORE GIRLS" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET)
"Lorelai? Lorelai?" (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)
LORELAI ROCKS A KARAOKE BAR ?? With graduation looming, Rory (Alexis Bledel) is anxiety-ridden over her future, so Lorelai (Lauren Graham) tries to cheer her up with a day of eating and shopping. Lorelai notices happily that Luke (Scott Patterson) is once again wearing the baseball cap she gave him, and invites him to join her and Rory for karaoke night at a local bar. After a few drinks, Lorelai takes the stage to sing a heartfelt number which is obviously directed at Luke. Logan returns from a business trip to California and comes to see Lorelai to discuss his future with Rory. Melissa McCarthy, Keiko Agena, Liza Weil, Sean Gunn, Kelly Bishop and Edward Herrmann also star. Bethany Rooney directed the episode written by David S. Rosenthal (#2T7770).
Episode Detail: Lorelai? Lorelai? - Gilmore Girls
When Rory stresses out over life after graduation, Lorelai takes her out for a day of shopping and eating. Then Lorelai invites Luke to join them in the evening for karaoke night at a bar, where she sings a song intended for Luke to hear. Later, Logan returns from a business trip and visits Lorelai to talk about his future with Rory. - gossipcom@FanForum
A karaoke scene may not be the best place to tell an ex you still have feelings for him, but it's good television. A girl's day out for Lorelai and Rory (Lauren Graham, Alexis Bledel) ends in a karaoke bar, where Luke (Scott Patterson) joins them, and Lorelai goes onstage to sing a love song in his direction. Logan (Matt Czuchry) returns from a business trip to talk with Lorelai about his intentions toward Rory in the new episode "Lorelai? Lorelai ? - GGAva@FanForum
- Ratings - Finals thanks to TravisYanan@PiFeedback - "4.077 million viewers - 2.6/4 HH - 1.8/5 A18-49 - 2.1/7 A18-34" - gossipcoms@TWoP
- Ratings - TravisYanan@PiFeedback - "First half hour: CW GILMORE GIRLS 3.790 million viewers, 2.5/4 HH, 1.6/5 A18-49, 2.0/7 A18-34 - Second half hour: CW GILMORE GIRLS 4.284 million viewers, 2.7/4 HH, 1.9/5 A18-49, 2.3/7 A18-34" - spunks@TWoP
- Ratings - variety.com - " CW's "Gilmore Girls" (1.8/5 in 18-49, 4.0 million viewers overall) was up slightly week to week and finished second in its hour among adults 18-34 (2.1/7)" - Cappuccino@FanForum
- Ratings - "CW GILMORE GIRLS 3.790 million viewers, 2.5/4 HH, 1.6/5 A18-49, 2.0/7 A18-34" - pifeedback.com - The CWs tired Gilmore Girls (3.0/ 5). Despite a year-to-year loss of 25 percent (3.0/ 5 vs. 4.0/ 6 on the WB on May 2, 2006), Gilmore Girls is expected-to-be renewed for a final 13 episodes next season." - pifeedback.com
- Review - TVGuide Podcast - May 4, 2007 - "They talked about the last episode, and the singing scene. They thought LG was great, and liked Rory's SL. " - Recap thanks to Katiegg108@FanForum - transcript thanks to GGAva@FanForum
- Review - "An obscenely large part of me wanted to spend this entire TV Watch reliving Lorelai's deeply moving karaoke night. Remember the way she switched her gaze from Rory to Luke and the tone of the song changed completely and how that spoke volumes about her adult life? Remember when her voice kind of frogged a little when she got to the line ''I'm not what you ne-ee-ee-eed''? Remember when she looked like a darted deer at the end before scooting off the stage and how in the audience it looked like Liz Torres the actress and not Miss Patty the character had to clutch at her heart in disbelief? It was that powerful, people! It's hard to believe that even Lauren Graham could squeeze something fresh out of Dolly Parton's ''I Will Always Love You,'' but it was the YouTube moment of the whole season. And for those of you who haven't yet watched the episode, I know that you're probably a little sniffy at the idea of using such a predictable song. But see, she started off singing it to Rory! She was drunk and was using drunken jazz hands. And then and then! Luke walked in, and he was half smiling?and okay, in the light of day, after the wine has worn off, I see that maybe my enthusiasm might seem a little overwrought. But Graham's face was doing that vintage crumbly chin thing and she really can sing and Luke's jaw went all clenchy and she wishes him joy and happiness...." more at - EW.com
- Review - "We have just witnessed the power that is Gilmore. Who else could turn around a reckless, rakish, rebellious little rich boy into a responsible, polite, mature grown man? And who else could make a rough, hardened, jaded tough-guy tear up over a love song? Yep, those are our girls!...." more at - Robin Honig's TVGuide
- Review - " I really find it hard to feel sorry for Rory Gilmore. Yes, she grew up without a father for the most part, and for much of her young life, she and her mother Lorelai struggled to keep their heads above water. But, for the most part. Rory has been able to achieve whatever she's set her mind to achieving. Until now, of course...." more at - tvsquad.com
- Lorelai Sings - "I Will Always Love You" to Luke - Jet1845@FanBolt - audio mp3 divShare
- Recap - Thanks to genki@FanForum
- Recap - Thanks to iamsher@FanForum
- NEW - timesunion.com - "The Gilmore Girls" (8 p.m., WCWN Ch. 45) also enters the last few weeks before its season or series finale, with Lorelai once again in hot pursuit of Luke." - clmorrow@FanForum
- NEW - buddytv.com - "The karaoke night also features tunes sung by Rory, Miss Patty (Liz Torres) and Babette (Sally Struthers)." - Cappuccino@FanForum
- NEW - CW Radio ad - Solidarity Sister@FanForum
"Announcer: Tonight on an all new GG, an old love returns for Lorelai.
Lorelai (excitedly): I went into Luke's diner and he was wearing the hat that I gave him! What do you think that means?
Rory (moaning): Mom
Announcer: And spring love blossoms for Rory.
Logan (seriously): Lorelai, I love Rory and I came to ask your permission.
Lorelai: Uh oh."
- TV Guide description (Hot List) Gilmore Girls - 8 pm/ET CW New - When the going gets tough, the Gilmore Girls get... shopping. And eating, and then more shopping. Karaoke helps, too. Rory faces graduation and her future, and she's a little freaked out. So Lorelai takes her out for a day of carefree indulgence that ends at a karaoke bar. Along the way, Lorelai invites Luke to join them, and, at the bar, she sings a song that is obviously intended for Luke. - Bill Ecklund - gossipcom@FanForum
- mlive.com - Tuesday "Gilmore Girls" (8 p.m., CW) -- Note to Lorelai: A karaoke stage may not be the best place to tell an ex you still have feelings for him. A girls' day out for Lorelai and Rory ends in a karaoke bar, where Luke (Scott Patterson) joins them, and Lorelai goes onstage to sing a love song in his direction. - Cappuccino@FanForum
- "7.20 teaser: Rory dreams she gets kicked out of class at Chilton." - Nicolalala@FanForum
- Promo clip - This is 2 for 1, it has a 10 second promo with new scenes - courtesy Jet1945@FanBolt
- Vanessa is in episode 20 but it's for a Luke/April phone call scene - gossipcom@FanForum
- Global promo - Wed April 25, 2007 - Extra scene with the karaoke scene - courtesy 2ggObsessed@FanForum - youtube thanks to genki@FanForum
- Mini Promo - "Watch the episode of Gilmore Girls that everyone is talking about..."
They showed some group scene, probably of the town, maybe a mtg? maybe karaoke? I'm not sure. My head didn't snap up quick enough, I guess! And then they cut to the LL scene. "What?" "What?" "What?" "Nothing." "Okay." "...Gilmore Girls, Tuesday at 8:00 on the CW." - Thanks to GG@FanForum
- Director's Cut clip - cwtv.com/video - clip "Luke and Lorelai Boat Trip Talk" - youtube thanks to Wheredidtheanvilsgo? - download thanks to Cappuccino - transcript thanks to lancer1993@FanForum
- Promo clip - courtesy Jet1945@FanBolt
- "I can guarantee that Lorelai is NOT falling all over herself drunk. In other words, she knows exactly what she's doing when she sings IWALY. She's tipsy, but she hasn't lost control of all her brain faculties.
" - Saranoh@FanForum
- "...Lorelai actually believes what she's singing..." - Saranoh@FanForum
- "Oh Lorelai is actually drunk. That's a fact. Actually, tipsy would be a better word." - Saranoh@FanForum
- www.thefutoncritic.com - Tuesday, May 1 GILMORE GIRLS (8:00-9:00 p.m.) Lorelai (Lauren Graham) rocks a karaoke bar with a serenade to Luke in the episode titled "Lorelai? Lorelai?" - SassyPaws@TWoP
- Summary - updated - events in this episode courtesy of Mag13@FanForum
- "I don't know what episode L/L get back together in. But I know that the drunken karaoke is a step toward it." - Saranoh@FanForum
- Studio Tour - "Lane and Zach take the twins on a tour of SH. Rory and Lorelai have some sort of sad time where they drown their sorrows, and Rory talks to Logan." - Katiegg108@FanForum
- Sarahmama at the LJ Community posted a lot but here are the bits for this ep.
"Luke and Lorelai are not friends in real life, they can't stand each other. And the previous scene shot last Thursday took the crew forever. 8 pages from morning till 11pm. A scene shot at the bar, she sang a song out of the jukebox for Luke to express her love." - Alyss@FanForum
- "Lorelai will be drunk when she sings the karaoke song to Luke in 7.20" - mozzarella@TWoP
- " And on the subject of the song Lorelai sings. I know a minuscule tidbit about the scene. I have been told that the scene is not cheesy and that we will be very pleased. And that the seeming cheesiness of the song does NOT reflect the scene at all. But the person who imparted this info is someone I trust so it makes me very happy." - massimin@TWoP
- Logan is not in this episode. - GEORGEIII@FanForum
- Ask Ausiello March 28, 2007 - Lorelai is now going to sing Dolly Parton's "I Will Always Love You" and not the ABBA song - withbatedbreath@FanForum
- Studio Tour - tv.com - episode is titled "Lorelai Lorelai" - Ciaobella@FanForum
- Studio Tour Pictures - web.mac.com/glo1196/iWeb/Site/Welcome - tour info - and even more tour info - email@example.com@FanForum
- Studio Tour - "the lights on the trees were still there in Stars Hollow. we didnt get to see the SH cuz of the shooting but I could see that the gazebo was back to where it belonged." - little_earthquake@FanForum
- "More hattage, darlings...I amended the spoiler post with new info. The source of the hat spoiler is not 100% sure, but "pretty sure", that it's apparently Luke's fault that the hat disappears, and when he gets the black one back, he doesn't put it on." - massimin@TWoP
- "Le chapeau de baseball bleu returns in the same episode as the karaoke, but not because of it. Le chapeau noir has gone AWOL... très mystérieux..." Translates to "The cap of blue baseball returns in the same episode have the karaoke, goal not because of it. The black cap has very mysterious gone AWOL......" - massimin@TWoP
- Studio Tour - "i went on a tour on friday. few things.. uhm. they were filming in sookies place we went and walked around in there. they were filming in the dragon fly.. one of the walls was raised so they could fit the camera in there. saw april. she was getting out of the car with her mom and school books." - BigB@FanForum
- "I could hardly believe it myself, but in Miss Patty's there is... a piano that is completely in tune." - ProfessorFabulous@FanForum
- Studio Tour - "We saw April in her trailer getting ready as we walked on the soundstage, but all filming was going to take place at Lukes and outside in Stars Hollow that day. Kareoke was not going to be that night,because Lauren was not sched. to come in yesterday. She was not on the list. Scott was..." - firstname.lastname@example.org@FanForum
- Studio Tour - The doll house is back and fixed, next to the new TV, Babbette's house is a mess, April, Luke and Babbette night scene, no Lorelai (Lauren had the day of for her birthday), working on the Twikham house, Kirks boat accross the street from Sookies - email@example.com@FanForum
- Studio Tour - "yesterday, they shot a scene with Sookie, Jackson, Lorelai, and Paul Anka on Lorelai's porch. And the museum employee said she saw something filmed with balloons last week" - Tara Ashley@FanForum
- "The blue hat returns. Think "Fernando..." as to the timing..." - massimin@TWoP
- Ask Ausiello March 14, 2007 - Question: Please say Lauren Graham is singing ABBA's "Take a Chance on Me"! (Ask Ausiello 3/7) Nierah
Ausiello: Nope, it's "Fernando"! And Lauren isn't the only Stars Hollow denizen attempting to carry a tune in the April 24 episode. We'll also hear from **r*, M*** *att* and *a*e**e. (Rory, Miss Patty and Babette) - Gemini8525@FanForun
- "I was told of the dollhouse spoiler. The person who told me said "it gets destroyed badly...like crushed". They didn't say how. But the dollhouse was there, with a black sheet over part of it..." - SarahLovesLogan@FanForum
- Lorelai sings Fernando, in a karaoke contest or something similar, but this may change - gossipcom@FanForum
- "I forgot to mention that during our tour, they were just finishing putting thousands of mini lights on the gazebo. The whole thing was covered." - SarahLovesLogan@FanForum
- Ask Ausiello March 7, 2007 - "I just found out that the following week's episode (that's No. 20 for those keeping track at home) features a Gilmore Girls first: Lauren Graham singing one of ABBA's greatest hits!"
- Sides - one side for this episode "Mrs. Wilkee".
NowCasting is blocking Gilmore Girls sides now with extra security but I will have them posted as soon as I get them.
Sides (when unzipped they are in pdf format)
All ? pages
|I'm only providing the sides as a single download of all in one zipped file email me is there are problems with this.
Below is a list of the sides but we have NO downloads for them.
||You will need Adobe PDF reader to view the sides.
Speculation (Below is spec based on the spoilers and what I think might happen)
|Added Month Day, 2006 - ?