7.19 - It's Just Like Riding a Bike (150) (April 24, 2007)
Title: It's Just Like Riding a Bike
Air Date: April 24, 2007
Written by: Jennie Snyder
Directed by: Lee Shallat Chemel
"It's Just Like Riding A Bike" Tuesday, April 17 at 8/7c (ignore the air date)
Lorelai stops into Luke's diner for breakfast for the first time since their break-up, but finds they are awkward and uncomfortable together. Later, Lorelai's Jeep breaks down and she asks Luke to help her shop for a new car. While they look at cars, Lorelai and Luke's irritation with one another finally explodes into a fight, which Lorelai secretly takes as a good sign. Meanwhile, Paris gets accepted to numerous law schools and medical schools, and decides she must break up with Doyle so their relationship won't influence her choice of a graduate school. Finally, Rory gets a surprising letter that will impact her future plans. - vaso@FanForum
TUESDAY, APRIL 24
"GILMORE GIRLS" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET)
"It's Just Like Riding A Bike" (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)
LORELAI AND LUKE HAVE AN ARGUMENT / RORY AND PARIS MAKE PLANS FOR LIFE AFTER YALE ?? Lorelai (Lauren Graham) stops into Luke's (Scott Patterson) diner for breakfast for the first time since their break-up, but finds they are awkward and uncomfortable together. Later, Lorelai's Jeep breaks down and she asks Luke to help her shop for a new car. While they look at cars, Lorelai and Luke's irritation with one another finally explodes into a fight, which Lorelai secretly takes as a good sign. Meanwhile, Paris (Liza Weil) gets accepted to numerous law schools and medical schools, and decides she must break up with Doyle (guest star Danny Strong) so their relationship won't influence her choice of a graduate school. Finally, Rory (Alexis Bledel) gets a surprising letter that will impact her future plans. Melissa McCarthy, Yanic Truesdale and Sean Gunn also star. Lee Shallat Chemel directed the episode written by Jennie Snyder (#2T7769).
Soon after stopping into the diner for the first time since the breakup, Lorelai asks Luke to go with her while she shops for a new car, but the outing ends in a big fight. Meanwhile, Paris gets accepted to several medical and law schools, and decides to end her relationship with Doyle so that he won't be a factor in her decision; and Rory receives a letter that will alter her future.
- Ratings - 3.750 (1.7/5 18-49; 1.9/6 18-34) - vrd@TWoP
- Ratings - thefutoncritic.com "..."Gilmore Girls" (households: 2.6/4, #T13; adults 18-49: 1.7, #T9)"
- Ratings - "and The CWs Gilmore Girls (Viewers: #5, 3.74 million; A18-49: #4, 1.7/ 5). Comparably, Gilmore Girls on the year-ago evening (on former home the WB) averaged 4.98 million viewers and a 2.2/ 6 in the demo." - pifeedback.com
- Review - TVGuide Podcast - April 27, 2007 - They didn't like the ep much at all. But liked the last LL scene and Paris. - Recap thanks to Katiegg108@FanForum - transcript thanks to GGAva@FanForum
- Ratings - From the podcast "...they mentioned on the podcast that ratings have been strangely down across the board in the past couple of weeks, for all shows. They couldn't explain it and even suggested that Nielsen might have to check their system." - gjoni@FanForum
- Review - "The last time we got together, I was cheering on the first 45 minutes of the episode and bemoaning the closer. Flip that on its head this week. I knew we were in for a slow burn during the opening bit, when a bashful Lorelai braved the diner for her morning coffee and Kirk blabbed meaninglessly and Miss Patty and Babette were marooned in the corner with nothing interesting to do or say. It wasn't long before Luke and Lorelai were struggling through some awkward-awkward reflections about the weather. I keep hoping for some interesting tension between the two, but all we got there was some bad office elevator talk. That lame polite routine would eventually reach a charming breaking point, but there wasn't enough zing or sparkle surrounding the L words to keep the hour hopping along until we got there...." - EW.com
- Review - "...Rory didnt get the fellowship. Ill admit it, at first I was a little surprised, especially after Paris opened acceptance letter after acceptance letter. But sometimes the best opportunities dont go to the best people, a lesson Rory has finally learned." - "No more Christopher. No more Friday night dinners. No more debt or servitude to Em and Dick. And the replication of her old life: the tiny Victorian furniture, the mini Oriental carpets, the itty-bitty crystal chandeliers, the petite porcelain dinnerware and silver place settings? A pile of shards in her living room. Yeah, Im going with the dollhouse. Sometimes it takes total destruction, not rebuilding, to really move forward. I can only hope they'll figure that out in time." - Robin Honig's TVGuide
- Review - "Rumors have been flying around for years that Lauren Graham and Scott Patterson don't get along really well off the Gilmore Girls set. I've always wondered how things between them might go when the cameras weren't rolling. Would they be cordial to each other? Painfully polite? Well, I'm wondering no longer. All I had to do was watch those first awkward scenes between Luke and Lorelai in this episode, and I now I have a pretty good idea how things are between this show's stars (if those rumors are true of course)." - tvsquad.com
- Recap - More indepth recap thanks to iamsher@FanForum
- Recap - Curtsey of gossipcomm
- Teaser - The dress Lorelai is wearing is from Leona Edmiston. - Amymcw@TWoP
- TV Guide description (Hot List) Gilmore Girls - 8 pm/ET CW New - There are fights that begin relationships and fights that end them. So why can't there be fights that bring people back together after the breakup? I'm hoping that Luke and Lorelai will provide the answer. Tonight, Lorelai asks Luke to help her shop for a new car, but the outing ends in a big fight. Maybe those sparks will rekindle the flame of romance! Meanwhile, Paris decides to end her end of her relationship with Doyle, and Rory receives a life-altering letter. - Bill Ecklund - gossipcom@FanForum
- Promo "Extended" 30 second version - clip - courtesy Jet1945@FanBolt
- Promo - "Just saw a slightly longer promo on the CW. A small difference that I was able to notice was that Lorelai says to Sookie, "I don't know where to start..." after Sookie says they (LL) are friends and Lorelai says they have a long way to go. Also, they show a veeery short clip of Luke on the phone (backroom at the diner?) before you see Lorelai on the phone saying, "Luke...it's Lorelai." You don't hear him say anything. ETA: Just noticed that she does say, "We have a long way to go..." on the on-site promo. I don't know it struck me as different. Perhaps the visual was different? Or I'm just wrong." - recap courtesy GG@FanForum
- "...I was a betting person I'd say it'll be the teaser of the episode." - gossipcom@FanForum - "...It is the teaser of 7.19." - gossipcom@FanForum - "...No there's more than one scene." - gossipcom@FanForum
- Director's Cut clip - cwtv.com/video - clip "First Dinner Visit" recap thanks to damselfly - youtube and download copies thanks to Cappuccino - transcript thanks to lancer1993@FanForum
- "Lorelai talks to Rory on the phone while riding her bike using her hands free in that scene." gossipcom@FanForum - Lauren chose the bike she rides.
- Global Promo - Wed April 18, 2007 - Luke and Lorelai shopping for a new car - transcript thanks to 2ggObsessed@FanForum - youtube - courtesy Cappuccino - download thanks to genki@FanForum
- Promo recap thanks to Katiegg108@FanForum - clip - courtesy Jet1945@FanBolt
- Summary - (updated) events in this episode courtesy of Mag13@FanForum
- "I was told that the "fight" was the two of them clearing the air." - Saranoh@FanForum
- Studio Tour - tv.com - "Lorelai will finally go to Luke's for coffee, with all eyes on her and comments from Kirk. Luke will help Lorelai shop for a new car after the jeep breaks down. Paris breaks up with Doyle and later misses him." - Ciaobella@FanForum
- "Lorelai is happy Luke agrees to take her car shopping, but the trip to the dealership is awkward." - Nicolalala@FanForum
- "I have a secret GG source in California who wishes to remain anonymous, that just told me that Paris and Doyle break-up on eppy 7-19." - ScottPAdmirer@TWoP
- Ask Ausiello March 14, 2007 - Question: This fight between Luke and Lorelai on Gilmore Girls (Ask Ausiello 3/7), is it safe to say that it results in them officially getting back together? Dorian S.
Ausiello: Not quite. But the end result is definitely positive.Gemini8525@FanForun
- 150th Party - "...big sign outside the CS on the soundstage that said "Congratulations on 150 episodes" or something like that. It was the last day of shooting for 7.19. They must have had a cake to celebrate, as there were some small paper plates with bits of cake left on them in the DFI dining room still. At least they had some kind of little celebration for that milestone." - copperboom@FanForum
- Studio Tour - The new car (Blue Chrysler Aspen) is for Lorelai, and is bought for the Dragonfly Inn and has decals on it now. Setting up the diner and more lights on the gazebo, working on the Twickham house, also shooting something in the DFI with Lauren and Alexis. No more Logans aparent, he may or may not be "gone" depending if you believe the tour guide also doing some Yale scenes. - Mots15@FanForum
- The "No Cell Phones" sign is still there. Mots15
- Studio Tour - Location shoot in Griffith park was just Lorelai, and her Jeep breaks down. - copperboom@FanForum
- Studio Tour - New TV still in the CS, the doll house is really destroyed, someone is upset and it gets the brunt of their anger (we don't know who) its a pivotal storyline, Blue Chrysler Aspen might be Lorelai new car (pictures thanks to Mots, one, two), it was parked next to the jeep and Prius. Lauren shot a scene alone in Griffith Park, also a scene at Sookies. No more Logan NY apartment. Alexis is the only one left to sign so they are waiting on writing a conclusion or cliffhanger for season 8. - Mots15@FanForum
- "Lorelai is riding a bike because she needs a new car. She asks Luke to help her buy one. And he agrees to take her." - dreamslut@FanForum
- David Sutcliffe (Chris) still has his car parking spot on the at the studio and there are no lights on the gazebo now - ele309@FanForum
- Title "It's Just Like Riding a Bike" April 17th - curlyhead@FanForum
- TVGuide Podcast - Mar 09, 2007 - "Luke and Lorelai fight but it is a "good fight"". - Recap thanks to wej5541@FanForum - transcript thanks to lorelaisgirl@FanForum
- Studio Tour - "The DOLLHOUSE is destroyed" - TheJSW@FanForum
- Ask Ausiello March 7, 2007 - "...after their whole diner reunion. It involves car shopping and a really big argument..."
- This episode started filming Thursday March 1st - gossipcom
- Ausiello vodcast - Lorelai goes into the diner, sits at the counter and places an order - gjoni@FanForum - transcript thanks to Mots15@FanForum
- Ask Ausiello - Feb 28, 2007 - "Mark your calendar for Apr. 17* (*tentative airdate), 'cause that's when a pretty major turning point occurs in the Luke and Lorelai saga. Based on my e-mail bag, it's an event many of you have been anxiously waiting for all season long." - Amellaboo@FanForum
- Ask Ausiello Discussion - Episode 19 of Gilmore Girls -- pivotal step forward for Lorelai and Luke. News at 12! - Amellaboo@FanForum
- Sides - for this episode should have been out around February 19 but we got nothing so far, maybe there are no sides for this epidoes?
NowCasting is blocking Gilmore Girls sides now with extra security but I will have them posted as soon as I get them.
Sides (when unzipped they are in pdf format)
All ? pages
|I'm only providing the sides as a single download of all in one zipped file email me is there are problems with this.
Below is a list of the sides in the above download.
||You will need Adobe PDF reader to view the sides.
Speculation (Below is spec based on the spoilers and what I think might happen)
|Added Month Day, 2006 - ?