6.01 - New and Improved Lorelai - Season 6 Premier (110) (09.13.2005)
Title: New And Improved Lorelai
Air Date: September 13, 2005
Written by: Amy Sherman-Palladino
Directed by: Amy Sherman-Palladino
Official Episode Description from The WB:
"The New and Improved Lorelai Gilmore" - (TBA)
Tuesday , September 13 2005 - Season Premiere
8:00 - 9:00 PM ET
THE ANSWER TO LORELAI'S DREAMS - Picking up on the same night as last season's finale, Lorelai (Lauren Graham) and Luke (Scott Patterson) begin making plans for their future, but Luke (Scott Patterson) is embarrassed when word spreads that Lorelai was the one who proposed. Still hurt over Rory's (Alexis Bledel) decision to drop out of Yale and move in with Emily (Kelly Bishop) and Richard (Edward Herrmann), Lorelai tells her parents that they can take care of Rory from now on. Richard hires an old friend and respected attorney (guest star Robert Foxworth, "Falcon Crest") to help Rory get an easy sentence for stealing the yacht, but the judge gives Rory 300 hours of community service. Logan (Matt Czuchry) throws Rory a "felon" party. Yanic Truesdale, Liza Weil and Sean Gunn also star. Amy Sherman-Palladino wrote and directed the episode.
Episode Description from TV Guide:
Premiere: Tuesday, Sept. 13, 8pm/ET, WB
Luke (Scott Patterson) and Lorelai (Lauren Graham) fans can breathe a sigh of relief after the first episode of the new season, when we'll learn what Luke has to say to Lorelai's proposal. But that could cause chaos for the whole rest of the year. And speaking of chaotic, the rift between Lorelai and Rory (Alexis Bledel) is only going to get bigger as the teenager continues to stay with her grandparents and adjusts to her freedom from college.
Just another description of 6.01 from TvGuide.com:
After waiting for long months for Luke's response to Lorelai's marriage proposal, fans are treated to his answer within the first few seconds of the sixth-season opener. When news of his reply leaks out to the residents of Stars Hollow, they seem more concerned by Lorelai's untraditional proposal than by how Luke reacted. Meanwhile, Richard's high-priced lawyer assures yacht-stealer Rory that a ball and chain isn't in her future, but her stunt ends up drawing a harsher punishment than expected when she's sentenced by a stern judge who runs a very tight ship.
Okay was wrong about a few things, here is a quick break down from the sides.
- The episode title may have been changed to "New and Improved Lorelai Gilmore" it has now been confirmed as "New and Improved Lorelai".
- While Luke did say yes, we don't know how or if he has any conditions on it.
- Luke and Lorelai celebrate by going to get champagne from Doose Market, but it is closed. The end up getting Zima.
- The bike race is finishing and Taylor is not pleased. Kirk is helping the riders.
- Luke & Lorelai have a talk that may include kids but not the Twickham House, Luke says he is sorry.
- The Twickham House is on the market.
- Richard calls Lorelai the morning after the FND where she found out Rory's plans and he acts like nothing has happened.
- Luke is in a happy mood, giving customers free toast, they don't know why.
- Babette and Miss Patty know that Lorelai asked Luke and give him a hard time about it and Luke losses his happy mood.
- Kirk tries to sell Luke a ring but also gives Luke a hard time and asks if he should see Lorelai and if she will be paying for it.
- Luke buys a ring from Kirk only to have him want it back to give to Lulu.
- There are sweetly bikers leaving the Dragonfly Inn.
- Emily comes to Lorelai's house and Michael answers the door.
- Rory is in court, her lawyer doesn't know her full name, they have a plea bargain for 20 hours community service, which the judge does not like. The judge gives her 300 hours, which must be done within 6 months, 1 year probation and it will be on her record for 5 years before she can partition for it to be removed.
- Richard is not happy with this.
- It appears that Lorelai and Luke are not in the court room.
- Logan throws Rory a felon party.
- Lorelai tell her parents that the can take care of Rory from now on.
- Luke and lorelai kiss in the gazebo after getting the Zima from Taylor's.
- Luke and Lorelai may say "I Love You" but we don't know if this is for the first time.
Updated August 25th, 2005
From the sides we have allot to work with, apart from what we have above from the sides here is me trying to fill in the blanks.
Taylor is the one who spreads the news of the engagement after something happens when Luke & Lorelai are trying to get things at Doose Market. They tell him why they want to get in.
The phone call from Richard may end with Lorelai tells her parents that they can take care of Rory from now on.
Emily may have come over to talk to Lorelai about the phone call from Richard and collect some of Rory's belongings, Michael is there for a meeting with Lorelai about the Dragonfly Inn may not want to see Emily.
We don't see Sookie at the crap shack because of the new baby but I would be very surprise if we don't have Lorelai visit or at least call her about the engagement.
I don't think Rory will call Lorelai unless it is at the very end of the episode.
Sometime near the end Luke and Lorelai may go away for a break from the town gossip about how the proposal was done or at the end of the episode Lorelai will return home to find Luke under the chuppah, he will asking he to marry him and Lorelai will answer "Yes, it's about time!"
The sides are out but no link is available, but a recap of them can be found here.
Someone with access to this episode has posted a recap, warning major spoiler it lays out the entire episode.