- "What happens to all the set decorations, furniture, wardrobe, etc...? I wish they would auction stuff off!" - The majority of the stuff has been sent to archives. The cast and crew took some mementos too. Though there was talk a few months back that the jeeps would be auctioned off for charity, not sure if that will happen anymore. - gossipcom@FanForum
- www.pamie.com - A look at "Stars Hollow" now Gilmore is finished.
- Ausiellio at the CW upfronts - "Beauty and the Geek replaces Gilmore Girls at 8. Oooh, Dawn finally brings up Gilmore. Grab your tissues! "While we're sad to see Gilmore Girls go," she says "the truth is Beauty and the Geek actually performed better among young adult viewers." WTF!? That's the tribute?! Unbelievable!"
- tvguide.com - 2007 CW "Upfronts" as expected Gilmore will not be back and there was not much said about it's passing except "the truth is Beauty and the Geek actually performed better among young adult viewers." Beauty and the Geek will take the old Gilmore Girls time slot. - caf123@FanForum
- EW.com - Sean Gunn's Top 10 List - olivetree@FanBolt
"10. Season 3's ''Haunted Leg''
9. Season 3's ''They Shoot Gilmores, Don't They?''
8. Season 5's ''Blame Booze and Melville''
7. Season 3's ''Face-Off''
6. Season 2's ''Teach Me Tonight''
5. Season 2's ''A-Tisket, A-Tasket''
4. Season 4's ''Raincoats and Recipes''
3. Season 5's ''Jews and Chinese Food''
2. Season 3's ''A Deep-Fried Korean Thanksgiving''
1. Season 4's ''The Festival of Living Art''"
- Scott Patterson Interview - Ausiello Report | TVGuide.com - It's sort of fitting that death was staring Scott Paterson in the face when word of Gilmore Girls' demise came down. In Toronto shooting the horror sequel Saw 4, "I was on the set [filming a scene] when the news broke," he recounts. "I flipped open my cell phone and saw there were, like, 15 messages. I was like, "Ooooh, that's either really good or really bad." For fans of Patterson's gruff-but-lovable Luke Danes, it was most certainly the latter. And Patterson himself? How does he feel about bidding Stars Hollow adieu after seven years? And what was his relationship with sparring partner Lauren Graham really like? Read on and find out
. - caf123@FanForum
- Sets are being torn down yes Stars Hollow is going and some sets are already gone - tour report thanks to blackbirl01@TWoP
- Lauren Graham on Ellen thanks to Canopus (40mb) - youtube thanks to blaab@FanForum
- Apparently the girls were under the impression that the advertisers had threatened the CW with withdrawing all network ad money if they did not deliver Gilmore's coveted females teen audience. That led the girls to believe that they had the backing of the advertisers and could force the network do anything they wanted. They greatly miscalculated since apparently the advertisers are really pleased with the crop of new pilots and, though they like GG, they arent that concern with its demise. Despite the public persona that has been presented by Lauren, according to my sources, she was totally shocked when the network ended negotiations and is not happy at all with the fallout that is rippling through Hollywood. - SassyPaws@TWoP
- According to this site Goldderbyforum Lauren submitted Farewell, my Pet episode for Emmy. It says it can be changed til 31th May. - Danke@FanForum
- My Friend at GG has sent me more information regarding the issue that finally caused the network to end the negotiations. I will put it under spoiler tags out of respect for those who dont want to know:
The girls had agreed to a 13 week season with a very generous pay increase. All that was needed was the signatures. Then, after the contacts had been drawn up and approved by everyones legal team, the girls came back and told the network that they wanted to change the number of episodes down to 8. That was the deal breaker. It wasnt worth it to the network. - SassyPaws@TWoP
- Lauren Graham's Final Gilmore Girls Interview - Ausiello Report | TVGuide.com
Anything you'd like to say to the fans?
Graham: Just that I've been truly thankful for their support and for their fanaticism (laughs) and their investment in these characters through all the ups and downs of a seven year process. I can't tell you what a kick I get out of [hearing from the fans], especially the younger people over the years who have grown up with the show and have [developed] a bond with a family member from a different generation while watching it together. I hope when I'm 55 and I've been out of a job for a long time and those girls are running the studios that they remember Lorelai Gilmore. - Lancer1993@FanForum
- Lauren was interviewed by Newsweek - gossipcom@FanForum
- "One of Ellen's favorites, LAUREN GRAHAM shares with Ellen how she feels about her hit show "Gilmore Girls," coming to an end, and where she got the news. And, the last time Lauren visited, Ellen tried to set her up with Matthew Perry and Kenny Chesney. What match-making magic will Ellen attempt this time? Plus, Lauren shares stories from her new film "Evan Almighty" opposite the hysterical Steve Carell, then picks up a guitar and sings for Ellen and the audience." - gossipcom@FanForum
- SP has a holding clause in his current contract; so he will be fine as Warners has to find him another series." - SPA@FanForum
- updated - "...they revised the Ellen schedule, Lauren on Ellen will now air on Tuesday not Wednesday which makes more sense. They switched the Tuesday and Wednesday and Thursday schedules around. So that's May 8 (May 9 for Australia)." - gossipcom@FanForum
- tvguide.com - Lauren just taped an appearance on Ellen to air tomorrow. She said that it was not a surprise since discussions were happening for a while. She also said that the last episode will make a great season or series finale. She said that it's strange to say goodbye but that the show would never have lasted as long as it did if it had not been sustained by the fans and she is very grateful. She found out last night when she was at dinner and her agent called the restaurant to tell her. - Glo@FanForum
- "I just saw Lauren tape an interview with Ellen DeGeneres that I think will air tomorrow. She said that she was not surprised since the conversations had been happening for a while, but said that it's "always strange to say goodbye". She reassured that the last episode would make a good season or series finale and that the show would never have lasted as long as it did without being sustained by the fans, she is "very grateful." Ellen asked her how she found out and she said she was out to dinner (last night, I think) and that the bartender asked if she was Lauren because her agent was calling for her and that's when he told her that they had decided to end the show. She seemed like she always does in interviews, cute, giggly, nervous....but didn't say much other than that about the show. It was mostly about her movie, Evan Almighty and how she doesn't want to talk about her love life on Ellen's show. I was disappointed she didn't say more but honestly think she is still blind-sided and doesn't really know what else to say. It's gotta be new to her just like it is to all of us." - ABeaverhausen@TWOP
- tvguide.com " In a segment taped to air on Tuesday's The Ellen DeGeneres Show, Lauren Graham says she is not at all surprised by the recent events that led to the CW's Gilmore Girls not continuing on for another season. "It was a conversation that was going on for a long time," says Graham, who with TV daughter Alexis Bledel had been in long-running contract talks with the network. "I think it's really a good thing.... It's the best thing for the show, and I feel really good about it." As reported by the Miami Herald, Graham then toasts the series' end by throwing back a mojito delivered to her and a La-Z-Boy-ridden Ellen by a remote-controlled robot." - Katiegg108@FanForum
- A link to lots more articles about the show ending, uqangela.livejournal.com curtsey Angela
- "In the end, they just couldn't strike a deal. That, in a nutshell, is the reason Gilmore Girls isn't returning for an eighth season. Multiple sources confirm that Warner Bros. made a final offer to Lauren Graham and Alexis Bledel that included a sizeable salary bump in exchange for a shortened 13-episode season. But as I reported yesterday, the offer was essentially rejected." - Ausiello Report
- tmz.com - Say goodbye to Stars Hollow -- "Gilmore Girls" is officially over. Get out your kleenex. In a statement to TMZ, the CW and Warner Bros. Television says it is "a truly sad moment for everyone" and promises to "give this series the send-off it deserves." Sources tell TMZ that there were ongoing negotiations with the suits and the actresses in an effort to bring the show back for another season, but they were unable to seal the deal. The final episode of the show, which launched the careers of Alexis Bledel and "Heroes" star Milo Ventimiglia, airs May 15. - nst@FanForum
- Gilmore Girls' canceled "After weeks of talks aimed at bringing the show back for a limited run next season, the CW and Warner Bros. TV have decided to wrap production on the quirky dramedy that focused on fast-talking femmes. Skein, now in its seventh season, will air its final episode May 15." - variety.com
- 'Gilmore Girls' to end - "After months of speculation about the fate of "Gilmore Girls," the CW and Warner Bros. Television announced today that the show will end its seven-season run this month." - latimes.com
- Gilmore Season 8 Talks at a "Standstill" - The holdup can be summed up in five words: Lauren Graham and Alexis Bledel. According to the insider, "very good" offers were made to both actresses, but it apparently wasn't enough to coax signatures out of them. "Now it's a game of chess," whispers the spy. "It could go either way." - Ausiello Report
- Scott Peterson - I wish I knew what SP's role was in Saw IV but apparently he's having a great time working with the director of the movie. And is even auditioning for his next movie, REPO! In what's proported to be a singing role. Now wouldn't that be something. I know I'd go see it. - lulu1960@TWoP
- Scott Peterson - I can confirm that SP has auditioned for the lead in Darren Lynn Bousmans next film, REPO which is referred to as a Genetic Opera. Yes, an OPERA! I hear that it is a dark, grand story in which all dialogue is sung!! Lets get a campaign together to get SP cast in REPO so we can hear him sing! - AhGeez@TWoP
- Ask Matt - "Question: I know television creators are taught to live in fear of the dreaded Moonlighting fiasco of getting fan-favorite characters together, but doesn't the opposite hurt a show just as much? .....Gilmore Girls went downhill because of writing and plot, not Luke and Lorelai hooking up. ...Thanks! Sara
Matt Roush: As with most things, it depends on the show and the situation. Romantic drama and/or comedy is embedded in the premise of shows like Grey's and Veronica, so keeping core characters apart makes no sense. But adding complications to their relationships does, because that's the way of ongoing weekly drama. I'd argue that breaking up Veronica and Logan makes more sense than the way the Lorelai-Luke mess played out because of 1) the characters' respective ages, 2) the age of the shows themselves and 3) the circumstances. Veronica is in many ways a youth noir about a girl living a hard-knock life in terms of social status and love life. It shouldn't be easy for her. Whereas on Gilmore, Lorelai and Luke kept their distance for a good long time, working through a number of relationships before they finally started playing house. I agree that putting them together did not ruin the show. What ruined the show was separating them by a surprise daughter and a surprise proposal, two contrived twists this once-wonderful show has never quite recovered from ......" - Ciaobella@FanForum
- bostonherald.com - Keiko Agena (Lane) made People's Top 100 Beautiful People. - Mots15@FanForum
- today.reuters.com - "ASP and Melissa's pilots looks like they'll be picked up, while Rina's pilot hasn't been put on the list (but DS would most like just be a recurring member anyway, which means he can do other projects anyway) nor has Cashmere Mafia. Gotta love this time of year, upfronts galore to contend with" - gossipcom@FanForum
- latimes.com - "Meanwhile, "Gilmore" itself could be in trouble. The network hasn't been able to finish negotiating new contracts with lead actors Lauren Graham and Alexis Bledel, and many fans have rebelled since the departure last year of creator Amy Sherman-Palladino." - Cappuccino@FanForum
- David Suttcliffe - tv.com - It looks like DS is in Rina Mimoun's pilot for ABC according to Alyssa Milano - "The script is amazing (Rina has got the gift) and for the three weeks we worked in South Carolina, everything fell into place with ease. The director (Lawrence Trilling), the cast (Mary Steenburgen, James Brolin, Anna Camp, Misha Collins, Ian Kahn, David Suttcliffe)" - rosefurcoat@FanForum
- Lauren Graham Interview - Well, I always had affection for the dorm Furnald where I lived senior year because I was in the Metrotones, which-I don't know if they still exist. The women's a cappella group?"
- David Grae/Rosenthal Interview - "If not for that, maybe we wouldn't have gotten Chris and Lorelai together this year," - shinystar@FanForum
- Wrap Party details thanks to bgirlla - "After all those years, it would be nice to know if you were actually saying goodbye, or just "have a good hiatus" you know?...." - gjoni@FanForum
- variety.com - Alcon and Warner Bros. have fitted director Sanaa Hamri into a sequel to the 2005 film "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants." The original core ensemble -- America Ferrera, Amber Tamblyn, Alexis Bledel and Blake Lively -- are all in talks to reprise. Plan is to begin production June 3, starting in Greece, then moving to New York and Connecticut. The challenge on the sequel has been squaring the availability of the actresses because of TV series commitments, but the hope is that all the actresses return. Ferrera's career has taken off as the title character of "Ugly Betty." Tamblyn is awaiting word from CBS on a pickup of "Babylon Fields," the Michael Cuesta-directed drama pilot that also stars Ray Stevenson ("Rome"). Bledel had been expected to be done with "Gilmore Girls," but it is now looking like a strong possibility that the show will return. Lively has "Gossip Girls."... - more here - and a second article here - thanks to KatieS41787@FanForum
- MAUREEN RYAN - Tribune television critic - 'Gilmore' fans respond Not surprisingly, last Tuesday's column, which called for "Gilmore Girls" to end at the close of this season, provoked a lot of reaction from devoted fans (and former fans) of the CW show. Most fans agreed the series had dipped in quality this season, but there is a contingent that wants one more season of Stars Hollow antics....
- MAUREEN RYAN - The Watcher - A Chicago Tribune While I can still summon a few molecules of affection for a show Ive devotedly watched and often enjoyed for seven seasons, I want Gilmore Girls to ride off into the sunset. Ill thank the fast-talking, pop-culture obsessed Gilmore women for the good times, but the truth is, this show long ago passed its sell-by date. Its time to move out of Stars Hollow.
- "Some news concerning Doyle, aka Danny Strong" new show - shinystar@FanForum
- Interview with Liza Weil (Paris). She says that she thinks that they all want another season and that they're just waiting to see how that turns out. - Transcript courtesy of - Katiegg108@FanForum
- mediainfocenter.org - "Next season, the network may have to cope with the loss of its popular long-running series "Gilmore Girls," due to the likely departure of both lead actresses." - Mag13@FanForum
- Studio Tour - "The story I've heard is that Alexis is absolutely not coming back and the network has accepted that and moved on. Lauren, on the other hand, has also said she is done, but the network is still throwing money (and the promise of future deals for her little production company) at her in the hopes she will reconsider. But generally speaking, it seems unlikely that there will be another season." - mozzarella@TWoP
- Studio Tour - "Our tour told us on Thrusday, that the one and only thing they are waiting on is Alexis. She doesnt know if she wants to sign for another year. The network and mostly everyone else wants to get in one more season. That was what I was told." - GGAva@FanForum
- Studio Tour - "The tour guide (who was once the real mayor of Burbank) said that Alexis is the hold out, everyone else is signed, but the rumor is she really does not want to act. Sounds weird, but he says they have heard that she feels like she gave up her teenage years working so hard on this and needs a break. Don't know if it is true, but it is what was said." - firstname.lastname@example.org@FanForum
- seattlepi.nwsource.com - "The stars of "Gilmore Girls" haven't decided whether to extend their contracts for another year. - bellamn16@TWoP
- Australian TV news for Gilmore Girls - The show will be returning Sunday March 18 in some markets check with yourtv.com.au for your area.
- Buddy TV - "With only a few episodes left and the fate of the series still hanging in the balance, will Gilmore Girls be able to wrap up the season to the fans' satisfaction, or will we be left hanging? Do they even have time to wrap it up properly?" Mel Harris, BuddyTV Staff Columnist
- thefutoncritic.com - "SAM I AM (ABC) - "Gilmore Girls" co-star Melissa McCarthy has been cast in the comedy pilot, about a woman with amnesia (Christina Applegate) who has to rediscover her life. She'll play a former friend of Applegate's character who reappears in her life. While not specified, McCarthy's involvement is likely in second position to her duties on "Girls."" caf123@FanForum
- Tim Russ and Melissa McCarthy have joined ABC's comedy pilot "Sam I Am". "Sam," from ABC TV Studio and Brillstein-Grey TV, centers on Sam (Christina Applegate), a woman with amnesia who has to rediscover her life. Smart will play her self-absorbed mother. Russ (Stone Manners, manager Greg Edwards) will play the doorman at Sam's building. McCarthy (TalentWorks) will play a former friend of Sam's who reappears in her life. - gossipcom@TWoP
- 150th episode Party - "...big sign outside the CS on the soundstage that said "Congratulations on 150 episodes" or something like that. It was the last day of shooting for 7.19. They must have had a cake to celebrate, as there were some small paper plates with bits of cake left on them in the DFI dining room still. At least they had some kind of little celebration for that milestone." - copperboom@FanForum
- David Kronke, TV Critic "Never let it be said that Your Mayor does not respond to mail from his constituency. Recently, I received e-mails from "Gilmore Girls" fans anxious to see their favorite show go on to an eighth season and perhaps beyond...." more at dailynews.com - courtesy gossipcom@TWoP
- Philippa Hawker celebrates and fears for a favourite television show. No spoilers guaranteed! "THIS IS A LOVE LETTER, but it also might be a farewell note, a sad ave atque vale to a glorious television phenomenon. The Gilmore Girls, a compulsively entertaining US show..." - theage.com.au - Playing The Angel@FanForum
- Lunch with Scott - SassyPaws from TWoP had Lunch with Scott Patterson - FuzzyCerts@FanForum
- Lauren Graham - movieonline.com "My gut feeling right now is that we could finish it this year in a really classy nice way and you wouldnt feel like but I need to know another years worth of what happened to those people. You know, I feel like it could be nicely finished this year." - moviesonline.ca - gossipcom@FanForum
- E! Online - "!'ve just chatted with inside sources connected to our beloved Gilmore Girls, and I gotta tell you, I'm a little concerned about what's happening over in Stars Hollow. 'Cause, well, the prospects of an eighth season are looking a wee bit grim." - E!'s Kristen Online
"As for the fate of the "Gilmore Girls," Matt tells me it's too early to tell, but the set doesn't have a fatalistic feel to it right now. I'm hearing the show will continue for maybe one more season ... but nothing is firm" - blogs.knoxnews.com - fg22@TWoP
- Sunday Mail (Australia) Lauren Graham Story "If Lauren Graham has anything to do with it, the end is near for TV series..." Link to Sunday Mail January 14, 2007 scan
- WGNTV Lauren Graham Interview Jan 7 & 8 "Uhm, I dont know anything, because, it could be our last year, or it could not be; well because, I dont know. Because theyll--- well have to decide, theres nothing kind of happening. Theres, you know, this has been the best job ever, and I--- if it might be the end, Id just like to really do it justice and give the fans like a great, you know, kind of finish to the show. And its just amazing to think how long, you know, this has been my job. And so Im very proud and, you know, like, invested in it." transcript thanks to lorelaisgirl@FanForum
- Gilmore Girls Future - Lauren Graham Interview "I don't know. I think in general when someone is a fan of something they kind of want it to continue. We seem to have a really core group of loyal fans which is just interesting to me." Go to comingsoon.com for the rest of the interview. Thanks to gossipcom@FanForum
- TVGuide Podcast - Dec 15, 2006 - Follow up to his ASP interview, nothing new - transcript thanks to lorelaisgirl@FanForum
- Nielsen top 10 ratings 2006 and 2006 % Increase "timeshifed" shows GG is number 3 in timeshifted at 7.9% behind Studio 60 and Heroes - mag13@FanForum
- Ratings - Season 7 to date "The show went from 4.48 million in its premiere to episode 10 being 4.81 million. The peak (highest total viewers figure) in the first half of the season was 4.89 million (episode 9) and the lowest episode (excl. repeats) was 4.20 million (episode 8). Average excl. repeats is 4.61 million; including the first repeat it is 4.45 million. Last year AI didn't air a 2 hour premiere because of it this year that's why CW is holding off their shows until January 23" - gossipcom@TWoP
- EW interview with Amy Sherman-Palladino - ew.com - gjoni@FanForum
- Scoop! Gilmore Girls Creator Returns! and interview with Amy Sherman-Palladino - TV Guide - lancer@FanBolt
- TV Week scan, not Gilmore Girls this summer!
- The show will return to ArenaTV on Dec 4 (2006) at 6pm with the Pilot. But will NOT be seen this summer on Channel 9 - The Age - thanks to Gossipcom@TWoP
- We're only about one third into the seventh season of Gilmore Girls, and I can already hear the swan song begin to play Excalibur Online - withbatedbreath@FanForum
- Wayne Wilcox interview - TVGuide.com - caf123@FanForum
- BuddyTV - Exclusive Interview: David S. Rosenthal - katiegg108@FanForum
- "Lauren Graham on Jimmy Kimmel Live! - 6 Nov 06" - Download the clip thanks to Jet1945@FanBolt
- "Gilmore Girls,' facing a wrecker's ball" - medialifemagazine.com - Mots15@FanForum
- 'For all these years, Lorelai in Gilmore Girls has been painful and surprising and exciting to watch a marvelous high-wire act. How cruel that the new writer of the show wants to rub her face in conventionality, strip her of the speed that was her reason for being and transform her into another banal television lead. - nytimes.com - katiegg108@FanForum
- Lauren Graham will be on Studio 60 Oct 9 & 16 - Ask Ausiello - tazzded@FanForum
- Australian Viewers, Gilmore Girls will return to channel 9 in December according to this weeks TV Week (Sept 16-22), no air dates yet.
- Liza Weil about season 7 (nothing spoilery) - thestarscoop.com - Katiegg108@FanForum
- Lauren Graham set to appear in a two-episode arc on Studio60, starting with episode 4 (thanks gossipcomm) it stars her long time friend Matthew Perry - Ausiello Report
- Emmy noms information - freddi@TWoP
- The show might move back to the drama catagory - click here
- Big changes for 'Gilmore Girls' on and off the set - MickeyJr3000@FanForum
- Alexis Bledel interview thanks to Kait on TWoP- notoutforawalk@FanForum
- Lauren Graham Does Not Get Emmy Nomination!@FanForum - also Ausiello Report - Emmy Special
- June 12, 2006 - Again not real spoilers but it looks at what David Sutcliffe (Chris) thinks about Chris on Gilmore Girls - thetvaddict.com
- June 7, 2006 - Not a real spoiler but here is and interview with Lauren Graham - Ausiello Report
- June 2, 2006 - Another consulting producer is likely to join the show, David Babcock - Mots15-FF. Thanks also to Bootie-FF for the "pecking order" info.
- May 27, 2006 - Gilmore Girls season ratings were down on last season. It ranked 119, got and average 4.5 million viewers Adults 18-49 rating 2.0 share 5. % change from 2004-05 viewers -6 and 18-49 -5. - Hollywood Reporter
- May 25, 2006 - Sources confirm that executive producer Rina Mimoun (Everwood) has joined Gilmore Girls as a consultant. - Ausiello Report
- May 25, 2006 - Ausiello confirmed that previous rumors that GG was only picked up from 13 eps are false, it will have a full season. - Ask Ausiello
- May 18, 2006 - The official The CW website, and the Gilmore Girls page on the new site.
- May 18, 2006 - Another press release about The CW line up. - www.thefutoncritic.com
- May 18, 2006 - Here is the text only that is on the new site for GG, it has Amy Sherman-Palladino as executive producer and produced by Dorothy Parker Drank Here Productions. - www.thefutoncritic.com.
- May 18, 2006 - Gilmore Girls made the cut! Tuesday at 8, as always - Ausiello Report.
- Gilmore Girls may only be back for 13 eps in season 7, they may get the final 9 eps depending on ratings - Fraz-fanbolt.
- From Season 7 the showrunner will be David S. Rosenthal.
- Matt Czuchry (Logan) signed on for at least 13 eps in season 7 - Ausiello Report.
- David Sutcliffe (Chris) signed for 13 eps in season 7 - Ausiello Report.