- NEW - legacy.com - Scott Pattersons father died on the 9th of February, he was a retired Advertising Executive and WWII veteran. Our thoughts are with the family.
- thefutoncritic.com - Scott will be in CSI Miami in a few weeks time. update - some pictures of Scott from his CSI Miami appearance.
- Scott have been cast as Captain Hayes in The Boys of Abu Ghraib "An American soldier deployed at Abu Ghraib finds himself behind the walls of the infamous Hard Site, where he develops a secret friendship with an Iraqi detainee."
- fanforum.com - Scott has joined Meth Head, a new project staring Lukas Haas, the following was posted on FanForum and is from Scott himself, "Jane Clark has asked me to join the cast of Meth Head, her latest film, starring Lukas Haas. I will be playing his father. Very poignant and intense film and I am honored to help Jane and her producers tell this powerful story." He will be juggling his responsibilities for the remainder of the shooting schedule of The Event.
- youtube - The official trailer for The Frankenstein Brothers featuring Scott Patterson.
- movieline.com - Recently, the actor phoned Movieline to discuss his reinvigorated career, his transition from minor league baseball player to major league network star and his petrified frog collection at the Louvre. (You read that last part right.)
- nbc.com - NBC Orders Full-Season Pickups For New Series 'The Event'... "We are pleased with the quality of 'The Event,' 'Law & Order: Los Angeles' and 'Outsourced,' and feel they are an important part of helping to re-build our schedule and our studio pipeline," said Bromstad. "We believe in these new series and the creative auspices behind them."
- phillystylemag.com - Scott Patterson scores a starring role on TVs The Event. Best known as Luke Danes, the male lead in Gilmore Girls, and Agent Peter Strahm, the dogged FBIs top profiler in the Saw franchise, Scott Patterson has worked steadily in the biz for almost two decades. And while this former pro baseball player, who was raised in Haddonfield, NJ, may not be a household name right now, his latest role on NBCs hot new flagship drama The Event is about to change all that. With Lost-like twists replete with paranoia, intrigue and an all-star cast, this much-hyped thriller has propelled Patterson to the forefront of the industry. I probably had the same thoughts Ishmael had when he finally harpooned that gigantic albino guppy, Patterson says about learning that he landed the plum role of Michael Buchanan, the shadowy father-in-law of the shows protagonist. As for what he hopes for the series, the perpetually sarcastic Patterson claims to want nothing but critical and mass appealglobally speaking, he laughs. Not too much to ask.
- tvovermind.com - Sneak Peeks of The Event episode 4 "Matter Life Death" 6 clips from next Mondays show.
- 13thstreet.com.au - Australian viewers, Concrete Canyons is coming to our screens next week. For those lucky enough to get the pay TV channel, 13th Street. "When rugged tracker Ben Sloane learns that his son is the prime suspect in a murder case, he swaps the wilderness of the Rocky Mountains for the mean streets of Chicago, determined to prove his sons innocence." Catch it Wednesday October 6 at 8:30 EDST.
- collider.com - Scott Patterson Interview THE EVENT - "In an interview to promote his latest role, actor Scott Patterson talked about taking on such a different role from the Gilmore Girls character that fans loved, being given a private dossier on the mysterious man that hes now playing, and promises that Episode 2 will start to answer some of the questions brought up in the pilot. Check out what he had to say after the jump."
- comicbookresources.com - SCOTT PATTERSON on MICHAEL BUCHANAN Spinoff Online: After reading the script for the pilot, no doubt you realized this was going to be big. But did you think it would get this big because there is certainly a lot of hype surrounding the launch next Monday?
- tv.com - Discussing The Event with Scott Patterson "...it as a high-octane-action-suspense-thriller-conspiracy kind of a deal."
- youtube.com - Another clip of Scott at TCA talking about his new show, The Event.
- fanbolt.com - New clip of Scott talking about The Event at Comic-Con, warning some spoilers for the show.
- eonline.com - More videos from Comic-Con.
- hollywoodreporter.com - Great review for The Event - I finally got around to seeing "The Event" and can say the buzz is warranted -- it's very well shot, suspenseful and keeps you guessing. Blows away the pilots for fellow post-"Lost" serials "FlashForward" and "V" (though your biggest question afterward isn't "What is The Event?" but rather, "Can this show sustain the drama of its setup?").
- cinemablend.com - Among the cast of NBCs new series The Event is Scott Patterson, whos probably best known for his role as Luke Danes on Gilmore Girls. He talked to us about his new role on The Event and the buzz on the GG reunion!
- my.nbc.com - Fans in the US can enter for a chance to win a walk-on role in the new NBC series The Event.
- blog.zap2it.com - "The Event" has been getting pretty strong buzz since NBC previewed it in May, and it will get its first wide screening Saturday (July 24) at Comic-Con. Read on for what details on what you'll see Saturday (or in September, if you're not at Comic-Con).
- blogtalkradio.com - Radio interview with Scott, it's 90 minutes long and they cover a lot of ground. Download the MP3 here (20Mb).
- thetvevent.com - Interview with Nick Wauters, creator of The Event.
- nbc.com - NBC Official Announcement regarding The Event
"The Event" is an emotional high-octane conspiracy thriller that follows Sean Walker (Jason Ritter, "The Class"), an Everyman who investigates the mysterious disappearance of his fiancee, Leila (Sarah Roemer, "Disturbia"), and unwittingly begins to expose the biggest cover-up in U.S. history. Sean's quest will send ripples through the lives of an eclectic band of strangers, including: newly elected U.S. President Martinez (Blair Underwood, "Dirty Sexy Money"); Sophia (Emmy Award nominee Laura Innes, "ER"), who is the leader of a mysterious group of detainees; and Sean's shadowy father-in-law (Scott Patterson, "Gilmore Girls"). Their futures are on a collision course in a global conspiracy that could ultimately change the fate of mankind.
- thetvevent.com - The #1 Fan Community For NBC's The Event.
- YouTube - NBC's 'The Event' New TV Show 2010 Cast Interviews, unfortunately no Scott yet.
- daemonstv.com - First cast pictures for The Event.
- youtube.com - Extended promo for Scott's new show.
- variety.com - NBC sets primetime sked - Mondays will include new dramas "The Event" and "Chase" along with returnee "Chuck." "The Event" is expected to get NBC's biggest marketing push of the year.
- spoilertv.com - Some sneak peeks from the Pilot of Scott's new show, The Event. Unfortunatly they don't include anything with Scott.
- ausiellofiles.ew.com - Breaking News: NBC picks up Scott's new show The Event. The Event is an emotional high-octane conspiracy thriller that follows Sean Walker (Parenthoods Jason Ritter), an Everyman who investigates the mysterious disappearance of his fiancée, Leila (Sarah Roemer), and unwittingly begins to expose the biggest cover-up in U.S. history. Seans quest will send ripples through the lives of an eclectic band of strangers, including: newly elected U.S. President Martinez (Blair Underwood); Sophia (Laura Innes), who is the leader of a mysterious group of detainees; and Seans shadowy father-in-law (Gilmore Girls Scott Patterson). Their futures are on a collision course in a global conspiracy that could ultimately change the fate of mankind. Ian Anthony Dale (Daybreak) and Emmy winner ?eljko Ivanek (Damages) also star in the ensemble drama.
- stugoldberg.com - Scott Patterson's Asphalt Canyon has now become Concrete Canyons. Here is the opening scene form the movie in which Scott plays a no-nonsense sheriff named who comes to Chicago to find his son who has gone into hiding, and who may or may not be involved in a murder.
- eonline.com - First look Scott Patterson in 90210 - Luke Danes, is that you?! Gilmore Girls' resident coffee shop stud appears to have wandered out of Stars Hallow and straight into a new ZIP code90210 to be exact.
update - spoilertv.com - More pictures from Scott's first apperance on 90210, season 2 episode 19 - "Multiple Choices"
- whitesliesonstage.com - Scott Patterson will be doing double duties as he prepares for White's Lies. Unconfirmed reports last week said he had to pull out of the play to work on The Event, a new pilot for NBC. It has now been confirmed that the play have been moved to early May to accommodate the shooting schedule.
update - broadwayworld.com - Tuc Waktins is set to replace Scott in the off Broadway play White's Lies.
- variety.com - More news about Scott's new pilot The Event, Blair Underwood has been cast to play the President. Also Scott's play White's Lies opens on April 21, with previews beginning April 12.
- thefutoncritic.com - Looks like Scott Patterson could be heading for a job at NBC. The Event is in still in development with the pilot to go up for series consideration later this years.
THE EVENT (NBC) - Scott Patterson ("Gilmore Girls") and Sarah Roemer ("Fired Up!") have both signed onto the drama pilot, about Sean (Jason Ritter), "a regular man fighting his way through the mysterious circumstances of a conspiracy to assassinate the U.S. president." She'll play Sean's girlfriend, Leila Gasiorowski, "an MIT-educated biochemist who disappears as part of the conspiracy to force her father, Mark Gasiorowski (Patterson, described as "affable, Marlboro Man good looks"), an airline pilot, to crash an airliner into the presidential retreat." Nick Wauters is behind the Universal Media Studios-based hour, which also stars Ian Anthony Dale and Zeljko Ivanek.
- broadwayworld.com - Producers Aaron Grant, Jana Robbins & Jeremy Handelman have announced that SCOTT PATTERSON has been cast in the lead role of Joe White in WHITE'S LIES, a new comedy by Ben Andron & directed by Bob Cline, which is scheduled to open on April 12, 2010, at New World Stages.
- fanforum.com - Another news update for Scott thanks to SPA. He is loving his new job on 90210 and has done 3 episodes so far with more to come, the show should return in the US mid March. Also he is finishing up work on a couple of movies, Asphalt Canyons and The Frankenstein Brothers. Go to the FanForum post for more details.
- fanforum.com - ausiellofiles.ew.com - New Zip Code for Scott Patterson, he has joined 90210 and will play Jack Court biological father of Liam Court (played by Matt Lanter). The role is reoccouring but it's unclear just how many episodes that is.
update - fanforum.com - seattlepi.com -Scott is shooting his first scenes Dec 14, with the episode to air early in 2010. "Jack comes to L.A. after a stint in prison, looking to earn some seed money and settle down by opening a tackle shop on the marina. It's music to Liam's ears, as he sees his dad's return as an opportunity to finally get out of his stepfather's house."
Also News on a movie Scott is doing, Asphalt Canyon. "Scott plays a no-nonsense/ Colorado/mountain man/tracker/cowboy sheriff named Ben Sloane who comes to Chicago to find his son who has gone into hiding who may or may not be involved in a murder."
- fanforum.com - Scott is set to start filming a new movie for Lifetime in November, Asphalt Canyons.
- facebook.com - Synopsis for the new project Frankenstein Brothers, "A coming-of-age story centered around the lives of twin brothers, Luke and Corey Frankenstein, in the several months following college graduation from CU. Orphaned at the age of 5, the brothers inherited Left Hand Brewery and were left to the care of their uncle, a less-than-ideal paternal figure. Now all grown up, their identity as brothers is challenged by the sudden emergence of a new girl, Kelly (Zelda Williams), that Luke plans on one day marrying. In the midst of his brothers attempts to destroy the new relationship, the boys find themselves pressed by their new surrogate father, George, Kellys Dad, to grow up and decide what kind of men they want to be for themselves and the women in their lives."
It's believed Scott will play the part of George, Alexandra Paul plays his wife and Zelda William his daughter. Also more casting details for extras are at the facebook link.
- More news for Frankenstein Brothers, the One-Line Synopsis "Two brothers who lost their parents when they were 5. They grow up and take over the family brewery. Filming starts today." also are looking for extras so if you live in the Denver area of the US click here. Thanks to SPA@Fanforum
- isaacbauman.com - Just in time for Scott's birthday we have some more news on his new project with Alexandra Paul. Isaac Bauman will produce "The Frankenstein Brothers", his first feature film. Thanks to Tarty History@Fanforum for finding the info.
- Some casting news about "The Frankenstein Brothers", Alexandra Paul (Baywatch), Daniel Stern (City Slickers, Home Alone) and Zelda Williams are all going to be in the movie. link
- Scott has 2 new indie films in the works. The first has the working title "The Barry Minkow Project" Barry Minkow is an American religious leader and ex-convict. There is little know about Scott's part except his character's name is Mike. The also movie features James Caan and Ving Rhames. There is little known about the second film except it's title, "The Frankenstein Brothers" and that it starts filming around September/October this year. All this information is thanks to SPA.
- This comes from Scott thanks to SPA on FanForum.
- A number of name actors are in the mix for Elements of a Pink Ribbon. Fund-raising continues.
- Two movies that I committed to have received funds from overseas and those funds are in the process of being vetted by the Dept. of Homeland Security. Once the funds are released, only then can production proceed.
- Wrote a comedy feature that is now at a major studio waiting to be read.
- Working on several screenplays (all genres). My favorite is an action/adventure post apocalyptic vision of the future with a very reluctant protagonist.
- Working on a book of poems.
- Have left Evolution, along with my manager, Laina Cohn.
- Scott Patterson has 2 new projects in the work, The Rogue and Liberty they are in pre-production with Liberty to be shot first auditions for the lead actors for both movies are underway. Thanks to SPA at FanForum for the news.
The Rogue IMDB - Recruited from an elite military unit, CIA officer Mike Cutler carries out a dangerous mission to locate top Al Qaeda terrorists in Afghanistan, only to find himself at the center of a deadly conspiracy.
Liberty IMDB - A young woman who exhibits supernatural abilities is taken into custody by the Government. When she refuses to be used as a voluntary asset, CIA scientists and other federal agents perform sadistic experiments on her.
- lounge.cwtv.com - Scott Patterson joins 'One Tree Hill' for 7th season - well that's the rumor posted on the CW message board, ""Gilmore Girls" alum Scott Patterson has been cast in the CW's long running drama-series "One Tree Hill" as Richard Edgar Davis, a former business tycoon but now down on his luck. He tries to make peace with his daughter, Brooke(Sophia Bush)."
- blogs.myspace.com - Scott Patterson has join Elements of a Pink Ribbon as both an actor and producer, he will play Bruce Schnable. Also joining him is Keiko Agena, better known as Lane on Gilmore Girls, she will be playing Ellie Dee.
- hdailycardinal.com - New 'Saw,' old plotline - In the newest installment of the "Saw" movie series, the gruesome torture techniques are back, but so are the same tired storylines from the previous entries.
- Saw V LA Premiere - 21st of October at the Mann's Chinese 6 Cinemas and Scott will be there. copperboom@FanForum
- joblo.com - Saw V poster Scott Patterson (Agent Strahm) finds himself with his head crammed in a glass box, and that's basically what you've got with this poster. The film opens October 24th int he US.
- Scott is working on several things including a comedy feature script and waiting on news about a half hour comedy pilot from a major cable network. Lea Gaines@FanForum
- tvguide.com - I just got the unofficial official word that one of this season's best new comedies, Aliens in America, has been axed. Despite rave reviews when it debuted last fall, the CW laffer went largely ignored by viewers. Which sucks for them, because they missed out on a fantastic little show. - razzlephrat@FanForum
- A message from Scott: Been home two weeks and have not had a chance to slow down with all the TV meetings. I haven't found that perfect thing yet, but you will be the first to know when I do. Some excellent pilots being shot. Very impressed with the quality out there, though may want to take a break from series television. - Lots more here thanks to Lea Gaines@FanForum
- "Luke's" is no more - picture from the backlot thanks to razzlephrat@FanForum
- Kristen E Online - Casting sources connected to some other show (does it really matter which one?) have informed me that Scott Patterson is now being classified as "available for a new project next season." SPA@FanForum
- TV Guide - Aliens in America is not looking good for renewal and now Adhir Kalyan the shows costar will have a recurring role on FX's Nip/Tuck. This might not be all bad since both shows have very different shooting schedules so if Aliens gets a second season they he could do both.
- tvguide.com Ausiello - I've compiled a list of those shows currently hanging in the balance followed by my own assessment of their chances and, mixing buzz and intel, an Odds of Survival rating of 0-10 (0 being dead and 10 being a shoo-in for resurrection).
Aliens in America
The bad news: The ratings suck.
The good news: The show doesn't. It's really funny. And smart. And the CW knows it.
Odds of Survival: 3 - SPA@FanForum
- tvguide.com - Matt Roush: If you can find a watercooler where they're discussing Aliens in America, let me (or more importantly, the CW) know. The show was struggling on Mondays and is now dying on Sundays...more at SPA@FanForum
- tv.ign.com - Very interesting interview with Scott, he compares Luke and Gary " I think Luke would probably see Gary as kind of a putz. But the thing is, I also saw Gary as the guy Luke would become in 10 years or 15 years." - copperboom@FanForum
- efluxmedia.com - Doesn't look as though Aliens in America will be renewed. BarkMyer@FanForum
- Aliens in America - tvguide.com - Eight pre-strike episodes remain. No additional episodes expected for this season. - SPA@FanForum
- Saw 5 filming starts March 17th - ign.com - IGN has confirmed that Saw IV cast members Tobin Bell, Scott Patterson, and Costas Mandylor will return for the Lionsgate franchise's fifth installment, which will be directed by the series' former production designer David Hackl. Bell plays the franchise's central character Jigsaw, while Patterson and Mandylor play FBI Agent Strahm and police detective Hoffman, respectively. Patterson made his franchise debut in Saw IV, while Mandylor joined in Saw III. The three actors' return was first rumored in a January 24th posting at ProductionCharts.com, which also claims Saw V will shoot in Toronto from May 17 to June 22. Bloody-Disgusting.com reports today that it, too, has heard that Bell, Patterson and Mandylor might be back for Saw V. IGN has confirmed that filming actually begins March 17 and not May 17, as ProductionCharts.com claims. Saw V is slated for release October 24, 2008. - damselfly@FanForum
- Aliens in America - thefutoncritic.com - is now due back on Sunday February 10th at 8:30 pm on the CW, it originally aired on Monday nights since the series started but has moved along with a number of other shows as a result of the writers strike.
- signonsandiego.com - BEST NEWCOMER: "Aliens in America," which continues to be the freshest, weirdest and most lovable show that almost no one is watching.
- youtube - part 2 It's pretty general, because he gets asked about Saw and