- NEW - moviehole.net - Former Gilmore Girls cast member cum big-screen scene-stealer Melissa McCarthy (Bridesmaids) is back in another Apatow-produced treat, Identity Thief. Jason Bateman, also a patriarch of the comeback family of famous faces getting their late-onset dues, is the co-star.
Read more here
- omaha.com - Fat and beautiful on stage at the Emmys. Fat and hilarious on "Saturday Night Live." Fat and flat-out awesome in "Bridesmaids." Because you almost never get to see someone be fat and awesome on TV or in the movies. In real life, this happens all the time.
- hellogiggles.com - I loved Bridesmaids. I really did. Mike and Molly? Havent seen it, but hey, Ill assume its doing something right. The fact that Melissa McCarthy is on her merry way to becoming a full-fledged comedy star makes me seriously happy. Shes hilarious, eccentric, silly, and seems to be quite down-to-earth. Brava, Melissa. Brava.
- andersoncooper.com - Anderson sits down with Bridesmaids and Mike and Molly star Melissa McCarthy for a personal interview, discussing everything from her eccentric rituals with her husband to being a mother of two young girls, her rise to fame and how she maintains such a positive body image in the body-conscious world of Hollywood. Plus, tune in to see what gift Melissa gives to Anderson!
- ellen.warnerbros.com - Melissa will be appearing on The Ellen DeGeneres Show Thursday, November 10.
- celebritybabies.people.com - Even as so many of her professional dreams an Emmy award, a Saturday Night Live hosting gig are coming true all at once, Melissa McCarthy can count on her kids Vivian, 4, and Georgette, 19 months to knock her back down to earth.
- justjared.buzznet.com - Melissa McCarthy graces the cover of the latest issue of The Hollywood Reporter.
- abcnews.go.com - From the tiara to the boquet of roses to the unabashed Holy smokes, Melissa McCarthys best actress in a comedy Emmy win for Mike & Molly was one of Sunday nights best moments.
- latimes.com - Melissa McCarthy won her first Emmy for lead actress in a comedy series "Mike & Molly". update - gather.com - Melissa McCarthy probably is the only Emmy nominee on Sunday night that can brag she made her own gown. Also video of Melissa backstage after winning. YouTube
- bostonherald.com - McCarthy is ready for sequel to Bridesmaids, Anything that group of people does, I dont care what they ask me to do if its craft service for the next movie, Ill show up, she said. I just want to be with those people. I love them. I just think (executive producer) Judd Apatow is one of the most creative people out there doing what he does.
- etonline.com - Melissa has an Emmy nomination, been in a hit movie this year and will now host SNL in the coming US Fall season. Read the interview on the link.
- dailygossip.org - Melissa McCarthy slimmed down for GQ Magazine, Melissa McCarthy does not think bad about her weight. More than that, she is able to joke about it. read the interview on the link.
- washingtonpost.com - Melissa McCarthy was nominated for lead actress in a Comedy series for the 2011 Emmys, youtube
- contactmusic.com - Melissa McCarthy shot to fame as the irrepressible chef Sookie St James in the TV series The Gilmore Girls. On the big screen, she has varied her roles between comedy (The Back-up Plan and Life As We Know It) and suspense (opposite Ryan Reynolds in The Nines). Now she gets to shamelessly steal scenes from Kristen Wiig in this summer's comedy hit Bridesmaids. read the interview on the link.
- youtube.com - Talkshows Melissa has been doing the round for her new movie Bridesmaids. The VIEW, Letterman and Ferguson.
- youtube.com - Bridesmaids is a new comedy featuring Melissa, be warned there are some adult moments so not one for the kids. It opens May 13 in the US and also stars Kristen Wiig, Maya Rudolph, Rose Byrne, Wendi McLendon-Covey, Ellie Kemper, Chris O'Dowd and Jon Hamm.
- contactmusic.com - "The Gilmore Girls star wakes up some mornings with her eyes swollen shut and her fingers so big her rings no longer fit. And she's worried something in her diet is suddenly causing her to bloat."
- parade.com - Melissa McCarthy has a thing about material. To me, having 500 rolls of fabric around is the most calming thing in the world, she says. I think its what football is to some guys. The high-energy actress has always dreamt of designing for the masses but has instead excelled in entertaining themon Gilmore Girls, Samantha Who?, and now in her starring role on CBS Mike & Molly. Kate Meyers caught up with the 40-year-old mother of two between the set and the sewing room.
Follow the link to the interview
- nypost.com - Melissa McCarthy: It feels like I keep getting hit with a lucky stick "Its a bit of a whirlwind, but a really happy fun one. I feel like I keep getting hit with a lucky stick. Its an embarrassment of riches. Even when Im crazy, its still like that was fun, this is fun, that will be fun."
- tv.com - Laughing It Up with the Stars of Mike & Molly - "Chuck Lorre a.k.a. CBS's sitcom machine is at it again. His latest creation is Mike & Molly, which premieres Monday, September 20 at 9:30 p.m. on CBS. The boy-meets-girl story stars Billy Gardell, formerly of My Name is Earl, Yes, Dear, and those Round Table Pizza commercials; and Melissa McCarthy, who played chef Sookie St. James on Gilmore Girls. I spoke to this hilarious duo about their new showand tried to keep from laughing too hard."
- azcentral.com - For 'Mike & Molly' star, focus is on regular people - When Melissa McCarthy heard about "Mike & Molly," she wanted no part of it. "Before I read it, just the thought of it upset me," she said.
- latimes.com - TCA Press Tour: Melissa McCarthy weighs in on 'Mike & Molly' While CBS new sitcom Mike & Molly, explores a flourishing relationship between the title characters, it's their waist sizes that got the most attention during the TV press tour Tuesday. And the show's stars, Melissa McCarthy and Billy Gardell are OK with that, as long as viewers don't think that's all the show is, even if 95% of reporter' questions have been about weight. We caught up with McCarthy during an after party for the tour where she chatted about the legacy of "Gilmore Girls," plus sized clothing, and why the show isn't solely about weight.
YouTube clips - Melissa McCarthy at TCA and Billy Gardell and Melissa McCarthy Interview, also the Mike & Molly Trailer.
- movieline.com - TCA: How the Mike and Molly Panel Got Uncomfortable Real Fast...
- broadcastingcable.com - Upfronts 2010: CBS Orders 'Mike and Molly' - Melissa will play one of the leads in the new CBS comedy from the makes of Two and A Half Men and The Big Bang Theory.
According to sources Mike and Molly has been given a green light for the 2010-11 season. The network officially announces its schedule May 19 in New York. Lorre is the Emmy-winning executive producer behind CBS' Two and A Half Men and The Big Bang Theory. Mike and Molly is a romantic comedy about Mike, an overweight police officer (Billy Gardell), who meets Molly (Melissa McCarthy) at Overeaters Anonymous. Mike and Molly is also executive produced by Lorre and Mark Roberts (Two and a Half Men) and directed by James Burrows. It also stars Katy Mixon (Eastbound & Down) and Swoosie Kurtz (Pushing Daisies). It is from Chuck Lorre Productions and Warner Bros. Television.
- hollywoodreporter.com - "Lindsay Sloane has been tapped to star opposite Kyle Bornheimer on the untitled Bays/Thomas project, and Melissa McCarthy has landed the Molly role on the Chuck Lorre-produced "Mike and Molly."
- tv.com - Melissa McCarthy will guest star on Private Practice tonight (in the US). As reported before her role will be a pregnant woman working with midwife Dell, so don't forget to watch tonight Thursday the 21st of January at 9pm, check you local guides. For those in Australia we'll just have to wait until Seven brings the show back, no date given for that yet.
- soapnet.go.com - Melissa McCarthy to guest star on Private Practice. Her role will be a pregnant woman working with midwife Dell, the episode is expected to air in January 2010.
- ausiellofiles.ew.com - Melissa McCarthy is out of the new Kelsey Grammer sitcom Hank after landing a supporting role in the Katherine Heigl-Josh Duhamel romantic comedy, Life as We Know It. Mad Mens Crista Flanagan has taken over the recurring role of Dawn, the wife of David Koechners Grady and sister-in-law to Grammers Hank.
- ausiellofiles.ew.com - Melissa McCarthy joins Hank, Melissa got a nice birthday present and will now be joining the new Kelsey Grammers sitcom Hank. She will play Dawn, the wife of David Koechners Grady and sister-in-law to Grammers Hank. The new ABC show is set to premier September 30 in the US.
- latimes.com - Melissa McCarthy and Ben Falcone have sold their home in the Los Feliz Oaks neighborhood for $2,495,000. The 3,832-square-foot redone traditional has four bedrooms, 4 1/2 bathrooms and two offices. The two-story house, built in 1940, was sold for its asking price, and I'd say pretty quickly too. It came on the market in early May. The couple had purchased the property in 2006 for $2.1 million.
- thefutoncritic.com - Final episodes - The last 2 weeks have seen double NEW episodes of the show Thursdays on ABC, it takes a break next week with the final the week after.
- abc.com - Samantha Who? Returning Thursday June 25 with new episodes, this will see the show run out it's remaining 7 episodes Thursday nights at 8pm.
- petitiononline.com - Sign the Partition and try and save Samantha Who? Michael Ausiello is prompting people via his Twitter page to sign the petition for a show he describes as "good show gone too soon".
- tv.com - Looks like Samantha Who? will be back June 5th to finish it's run after being cancelled, "Samantha Who? will finish its Season 2 run of 7 remaining episodes starting June 5 on Friday nights in the 9-10 block along with Motherhood." But this is not backed up but the official ABC and thefutoncritic.com sites which both have the season 2 opening episode "So I Think I Can Dance" airing in June 5, watch this space.
- variety.com - It's official "Samantha Who?" has been cancelled. No word yet on what is to happen to the several episodes that have been finished but not aired. "ABC had been mulling a plan to decrease Samanthas budget by changing the way the show is shot -- moving from single-cam to a multicamera format. Alphabet was looking to slash as much as $500,000 per episode from the shows budget."
- thefutoncritic.com - Samanth Who? Returning but only in re-runs to support the short lived In the Motherhood -"Motherhood" lasted just four weeks on Thursday nights earlier this year, leaving three episodes still yet to air." It will air on ABC (US) at 9:30 Friday nights starting June 5. I guess this is a good sign for Samantha Who? as it also had a number of unaired episode which ABC must now be holding on to for the next season, yet to be confirmed.
- thefutoncritic.com - The news is not looking good for Samantha Who? or is it? ABC (in the US) has removed it from their schedule two weeks early, running a repeat of Greys Anatomy on the April 23rd and Ugly Betty from April 30th on. But on the up side Variety reports the show is on the bubble and likely to be picked up for a 3rd season, making it likely the unaired episodes will be used next season sometime.
- bostonherald.com - Samantha Who? will finally return to ABC in the US this week on a new day, Thursday at 8:30pm. "Applegate isnt surprised ABC relocated Samantha Who? from its Monday slot.
Im always afraid of change, she said. I liked where we were, but its unrealistic because of the nature of Dancing With the Stars (now occupying ABCs Monday lineup again). Hopefully, this will be a new home for us if all goes well.... ...Samantha Who? is one of the most female-centric shows on network television, much to Applegates delight. Among those who surround Samantha, Jean Smart (Designing Women) continues as her mother, Jennifer Esposito (Crash) as her best friend and Melissa McCarthy (Gilmore Girls) as a former friend who wants back in."
- tvguide.com - TV's most affable amnesiac is back, and she is, I suppose you could say, "forgetter than ever." But what exactly is new with ABC's Samantha Who? Melissa McCarthy, who plays Dena, the angel on Sam's shoulder (to Jennifer Esposito's gin-swilling devil), shared with us a peek at Season 2's possible catfights and very special guest stars. Plus: McCarthy hails series lead Christina Applegate as "a tough cookie" who didn't let breast cancer get the best of her.
TVGuide.com: Did Gilmore Girls leave you with any burning questions?
McCarthy: I want to know what the last line is! [Series creator] Amy [Sherman-Palladino] knows, though in the back of my head I sometimes think, "Does she really?" But I know she probably does.
- ultimatedisney.com Samantha Who? First Season now on DVD, Amazon has it listed from just $19.99 US.
- sfgate.com - Applegate Carries on Filming - Actress Christina Applegate will continue shooting her TV series "Samantha Who?" as she undergoes reconstructive breast surgery following a double mastectomy. The 36-year-old star revealed on Tuesday she had both breasts removed after being diagnosed with cancer last month. Applegate, who was given the all clear following the operation, is now scheduled to undergo reconstructive surgery over the next eight months. A spokesperson for the star insists she will be "on a normal shooting schedule," adding that the procedure "is not affecting production." The actress had already completed filming five episodes for the upcoming season of her hit comedy show before stopping for a summer break at the end of June. An ABC spokesperson confirms: "They're on a scheduled hiatus and she'll be back next month. It's business as usual."
- What to visit the Samanatha Who? set, ebay has an auction to win a visit. - gjoni@FanForum
- People's Choice Awards - Samantha Who? won best new comedy and Melissa McCarthy was sitting next to Christina Applegate when receiving award. SPA@FanForum
- Christina Applegate nominated for Samantha Who? - tvguide.com - "I'm going out to dinner with some friends tonight - Jennifer Esposito, Melissa McCarthy and Jean Smart - so we'll have a toast. [Then] I'm going to celebrate with sleeping." - LG - Life's Good@FanForum
- Melissa McCarthy Talks About 'Samantha Who?' Gig - buddytv.com - Everyone was saying, Well, you'll never have [Gilmore Girls] again, you'll be lucky if [Samantha Who??]gets picked up, McCarthy told TV Guide. - FlyingCat@FanForum
- TVGuide Interview - tvguide.com - Melissa McCarthy loves her job. And it's no mystery why. The veteran film and TV actress, best known for her seven-season role as Sookie on critical and cult fave Gilmore Girls, is now part of another trove of talented comedic actors on the hit ABC sitcom Samantha Who? (now airing Mondays at 9 pm/ET). McCarthy had much to tell TVGuide.com about how Dena, the long-lost childhood friend of Christina Applegate's amnesiac, differs from the Girls gig, how the writers strike has affected the show, and what (or who) has her giggling like a silly schoolgirl. - Katiegg108@FanForum
- TVGuide - In a move that should surprise absolutely no one, sources confirm that ABC has picked up Samantha Who? for a full season. In its first three airings, the Christina Applegate-fronted memory-loss satire has retained a good chunk of its Dancing with the Stars lead-in, easily ranking as the most-watched new comedy of the fall. What's more, it's actually good! - LG - Life's Good@FanForum
- Gilmore Movie? aol.com - In the audience this week were actresses Jennifer Esposito and Melissa McCarthy who had to gush about their new sitcom 'Samantha Who?' "I'm having so much fun," Esposito raved. "The cast is insane, funny and lovely. I couldn't be happier." McCarthy agrees: "This show has renewed my faith that you can get something on the air that's funny. Every time we get a script, we laugh so hard!" Speaking of great shows, is there any chance that there might be a movie version of McCarthy's last series 'Gilmore Girls?' "I keep hearing that ('Gilmore' creator) Amy (Sherman-Palladino) has been approached to do a movie, but I have no idea," McCarthy responded. "I do think it'd be fun." - Katiegg108@FanForum
- rep-am.com - Vaguely familiar
She reminds me a little bit of Lauren Graham's take on Lorelai Gilmore in "Gilmore Girls." Both are well-dressed, beautiful women in their mid-30s. But Lorelai and Samantha are both a bit harried, a bit clumsy, a bit silly. That makes them mortal.
Or maybe I'm getting confused because Melissa McCarthy (Dena) also played the role of good friend to Lorelai as Sukie in "Gilmore Girls."Either way, I'm glad to have McCarthy back, even if it's because it makes me feel nostalgic for my former favorite show. gossipcom@FanForum
- Samantha Who? - pifeedback.com first episode opened with total viewers of 14.92 million.
- promo photos of Melissa for "Sam I AM" gilmoregirlsnews.com - LG - Life's Good@FanForum
- Ask Ausiello - August 29, 2007
Question: I feel like you're hiding some Gilmore Girls movie news from us. Release the scooplets!- Stephanie
Ausiello: Curses, foiled again! It's true: I have a little scoopbit I've been sitting on and the secret's been eating up my insides! Melissa McCarthy (aka Sookie) told me way back during the July press tour that she's open to the idea of a Gilmore Girls reunion movie, although she conceded, "I'm always a little sketchy about the whole reunion-movie thing. But Amy's such a good writer that she could write something and I'll be like, "I'll be damned, it's really good!" McCarthy acknowledged that the series finale felt a smidge rushed. "I don't think they ended it how they would've ended it [had they been given more time]. There was a lot of talk about an eighth season. But I think the writers did a great job considering it was so last-minute. I thought it was really good that it ended with [Lorelai and Rory] reconnecting. I think that's what people wanted. I would've hated to see the show go out on a sad note." Interesting factoid: Had the show returned for an eighth season, Sookie would've been MIA - save for a possible guest appearance or two. Unlike the rest of the cast, most of whom were onboard for Season 8, McCarthy had already committed to Samantha Who? on ABC. I assumed, as I think everyone else did, that Samantha was in "second position" behind Gilmore, but that was not the case. - Katiegg108@FanForum
- variety.com - Melissa McCarthy, stars in John August's thriller The Nines opening Friday - gossipcom@TWoP
- pictures - HQ episodic stills for the pilot of Melissa's show Samantha Who (credit to schneefloeckli@LJ) - LG - Life's Good@FanForum
- next-episode.net - Samantha Who is set the debute October 15 at 9:30 pm on ABC
- thefutoncritic.com - Production has started on Samantha Who - and ABC's press release includes some new information about Melissa McCarthy's character Dena - a "best friend" who sounds worlds away from Sookie: Her supposed best friend, Dena (Melissa McCarthy, "Gilmore Girls"), is sincerely supportive, until her real best friend, Andrea (Jennifer Esposito, "Crash," "Spin City"), exposes Dena as a fraud who hasn't seen or spoken to Sam since the seventh grade. - caf123@FanForum
- Pics of Melissa McCarthy at the ABC Panel and party - shinystar@FanForum
- From Ausiello's live TCA press tour blog, ABC day two - gjoni@FanForum
2:09 pm: Melissa McCarthy says she was shooting the Gilmore finale when the Samantha opportunity presented itself. "I didn't know what I wanted to do [next]. And I was nine months pregnant, so I wasn't thinking too clearly," she recalls. "But then I read the script and I thought, 'I could give that a go.'"
2:22 pm: McCarthy seems less than gung-ho about the prospect of a Gilmore reunion pic. "It might be fun to go back. It would have to be something special. It was an [amazing] seven years, but I think it ended itself."
- miamiherald.typepad.com - Name it again, Sam ABC's new Christina Applegate sitcom, which won't air for another four or five months, is already on its third title. When ABC announced it had picked up the show, it was called Sam I Am. Earlier this month the title was changed to Samantha Be Good. Now the network has renamed it Samantha Who? That ties ABC's previous record for stupid screwing-around with a show's title, set last year with Let's Rob Mick Jagger/Let's Rob.../The Knights Of Prosperity. C'mon guys, with just a little push, you should be able to come up with a fourth title. How about Son of Sam?
By the way, I've seen the show's pilot, and it's a good one. After being hit by a car, Applegate awakes from a coma with amnesia. Trying to put the pieces of her life back together, she learns she was such a bitch that almost everyone who knows her assumes that the hit-and-run driver who hit her was trying to kill her. Which is pretty much what I assume about the ABC executives who keep changing the show's title. - caf123@FanForum
- tv.com - Estate of "Cat in the Hat" author nixes name of ABC's Sam I Am. It's not often that a show gets a critic before it even airs (Cavemen an exemption), but a new comedy from ABC set to debut this fall has already become one celebrity's target.
The estate of children's book author Dr. Seuss has taken exception to the show's name, Sam I Am, saying the title is lifted from the author's "Green Eggs and Ham," reports Variety.
The show stars Christina Applegate (Married With Children) as a woman who suffers from amnesia. When she wakes up, she has no recollection of her past but quickly realizes that she was not at all nice to others. Henceforth, she tries to be good.
In Green Eggs and Ham, the phrase "Sam I Am" is repeated frequently by the narrator, who at first despises the off-color breakfast grub.
Apparently confident that Chuck Berry won't file any legal claims, ABC has renamed the show Samantha Be Good.
- Ausiello - at the ABC upfronts - "First up, Sam I Am with Christina Applegate. Looks promising.
- May 5th 2007, Melissa McCarthy gave birth to a baby girl, congratulations to Melissa and husband, Ben Falcone!
- McCarthy has a new project Sam I Am.