- NEW - digitalspy.com.au - Danny Strong will adapt the book 'Game Change' for a film. The Hollywood Reporter reveals that Ed Harris will portray the 2008 Republican presidential candidate in the HBO Films production, which is due to begin filming later this year. Julianne Moore is also in the production playing McCain's campaign running mate and former Alaskan governor Sarah Palin.
- cinematical.com - Bad Guys - A shrewd female attorney with a grudge against a system that screwed her, schemes to produce and distribute a wicked new designer drug based on an opium derivative to earn a fortune - and a measure of respect. The film stars Kate del Castillo (Under the Same Moon) and Danny Strong (Gilmore Girls, Buffy the Vampire Slayer).
- eurweb.com - Actor-turned-screenwriter Danny Strong has been hired by Columbia to pen "The Butler," the true story of an African American man who served as a White House butler for 34 years. Strong was best known for his roles as Jonathan Levinson on "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" and Doyle on "The Gilmore Girls", He scored an Emmy nomination for writing "Recount," HBO's film about the 2000 presidential election.
- Danny Strong has been nominated for an Emmy, Outstanding Writing For A Miniseries, Movie Or A Dramatic Special for Recount. In addition it got nominated for Outstanding Made For Television Movie and received several other nominations including two lead and two supporting actors, one supporting actress (all in miniseries or movie category), directing and even more! thanks to gjoni@FanForum
Here is the 2008 Emmy nominations list
- jacksonville.com - Election film may be shot in city
Pre-production for HBO's "Recount 2000" would begin in July. HBO and director Sydney Pollack are "extremely close" to choosing Jacksonville to shoot a film about the disputed 2000 presidential election results, the city's film commissioner said Friday. "I've got good feelings about this," said Todd Roobin, head of the film and TV office of the Jacksonville Economic Development Commission. "Put it this way: They're very happy with the locations and aren't looking anywhere else." He expects a final decision within days.
Pre-production on Recount 2000 would begin in July, with filming taking place September through November. Jacksonville would double for locations around the state. According to The Hollywood Reporter, the film focuses on those involved in the monthlong turmoil that followed the election. It will tell the stories of workers for each campaign as well as voters who were caught up in the drama.
No stars have been announced, but Roobin said the names he's hearing are "big, big, big." Pollack, who turns 73 on Sunday, won a directing and best picture Oscar for Out of Africa and has also had a string of hits that include Tootsie, The Interpreter, The Firm, Absence of Malice, Three Days of the Condor and Jeremiah Johnson. The Recount 2000 script was written by actor Danny Strong (The Gilmore Girls).
Recount 2000 is scheduled to air during next year's presidential election season. - shinystar@FanForum