NEW -huffingtonpost.com - Though she's currently as Sarah Braverman on "Parenthood," Lauren Graham's original claim to fame was her portrayal of the small-town, heavily-caffeinated Lorelai Gilmore on "Gilmore Girls." So when it was announced that Kristen Bell was helping to launch a Kickstarter campaign to fund a "Veronica Mars" movie earlier this week, "Gilmore Girls" enthusiasts asked Graham when the same thing would happen for the late WB series.Graham, who donated to the what turned out to be a successful "Veronica Mars" project, took to Twitter to respond to her fans about the possibility of a "Gilmore Girls" movie.
tvline.com - Sean Gunn has become the latest former Gilmore Girls star that will apear on Amy Sherman Palladino's now show Bunheads. It was just announce Sean will be appearing in August playing a barista named Gil. Others appearing on the show include Kelly Bishop as Fanny, one of the main leads. Rose Abdoo, Gregg Henry and Chris Eigeman.
tvline.com - I bet a lot of [Gilmore fans] were traumatized, cracks Palladino of now-30-year-old Bledels mini-striptease. You have to admit they were good boobs. And they were real. And very nicely shaped. If I had ts like that I would walk around with no shirt on, Im going to be very honest. So I would say to Alexis, Never put your shirt on again. Read the full story here, or check out the clip on YouTube.
insidetv.ew.com - Bunheads, the new show from Gilmore Girls creator Amy Sherman-Palladino, debuting Monday, June 11. Two-time Tony winner Sutton Foster stars as trained dancer Michelle, who became a Vegas showgirl and is approaching the end of her career with a feeling of Well, now what the f do I do?
Read the full article here
tvline.com - Gilmore Girls creator Amy Sherman-Palladino is hoofing it back to the small screen: ABC Family has picked up the writer-producers drama pilot, Bunheads...
modoration.com - Amy Sherman-Palladino (Gilmore Girls, The Return of Jezebel James, Veronicas Closet, Roseanne) is executive producer of Bunheads, a one-hour scripted drama about Michelle, a Las Vegas showgirl, who impulsively marries a man and moves to his sleepy coastal town, and takes an uneasy role at her new mother-in-laws dance school. update - hollywoodreporter.com - Tony Award-winning actress Sutton Foster has been cast in a new pilot from Gilmore Girls creator Amy Sherman-Palladino.
tvguide.com - Gilmore Girls creator Amy Sherman-Palladino is busy working on a new drama project for ABC. Sherman-Palladino is looking to adapt the 2002 book The Nanny Diaries into a TV series for the network.
movieline.com - Sad news, though, for all honorary Stars Hollow residents: the Wyoming-set drama pilot from Gilmore Girls creator Amy Sherman-Palladino is dead.
travisyanan.blogspot.com - Pilot Script Review - Untitled Wyoming Project. Blissfully, this 67 page script, like so many Gilmore Girls scripts before it, did not read like a 67 pages script. UWP is about a family and about a town. You'd think Amy Sherman Palladino would be the person to write a show like that. I liked about half of the seasons of Gilmore Girls, so it's not that I don't like her distinct style Amy Sherman-Palladino. And I can definitely see, sometime in the future, caring about these characters as time passes. But in the pilot? It's really hard. Mostly because of one character / sideplot in particular, but the "isn't this town populated by quirky characters?" thing just bothered me. Been there, seen that.
localnews8.com - Look like the pilot for Amy Sherman-Palladino's new show won't be shot in Wyoming. It's not unusual for shows not to be shot on location, Gilmore Girls was filmed on an LA backlot for it's 7 year run and the original pilot was shot in Canada.
"Wyoming Tourism and Travel film manager Michell Howard says the show's producers contacted the state film office early this year as they scouted potential locations in the Jackson area. Howard says the show needed 45,000-square-feet of retrofitted warehouse space for indoor sets. The film office helped scour the area but didn't find an appropriate space. Howard says producers indicated to her that they were considering filming in Vancouver."
- latimes.com - Amy has a new pilot in the works, "The Wyoming Project" centers around a 20-something horse trainer who inherits his family's Wyoming ranch along with the responsibility of caring for his three sisters when their parents die. Sean Faris, (pictured right), who recently played a hot bloodsucking bartender on the CW's freshman hit, "The Vampire Diaries," plays the lead. Renee Smith has been cast as one of his sisters. For some reason, farm drama sounds kinda appealing. Come on, Amy Sherman-Palladino, make us proud.
- ausiellofiles.ew.com - Looks like the chances of a TV Movie are on the increase Michael Ausiello just interviewed the shows creator, Amy Sherman-Palladino.I wanted different things for Rory, confesses AS-P. I wanted her to follow a different sort of path
[go] off on her own adventure, which I guess she sort of did. I havent [actually] seen the last season, but I heard about it from other people.
- reuters.com - Amy Sherman-Palladino will be tackling more mother-daughter relationships in a project for HBO. Sherman-Palladino will write and executive produce an untitled comedy-drama for the cable network. The show chronicles the complicated relationships among three adult sisters, all writers living in the same Upper East Side apartment building, and their mother, a domineering literary lioness who reserves her affections for their ne'er-do-well brother.
- digitalspy.co.uk - Dan Palladino has returned to the small screen and will be writing "The Chairman Of Chatsworth" to air on FOX in the US. Brian Grazer is reteaming with Fox to develop comedy series The Chairman Of Chatsworth, says Variety. The single-camera show will centre on a morally felxible lawyer who has "a [messed] up relationship with the truth". The lead character is said to be loosely based on Grazer's father. "My dad was so much bigger than life," said Grazer. "He was a big personality, extremely popular but flawed." This comes almost a year after The Return of Jezebel James, (which Dan worked on with his wife Amy) failed on the same network, with just 3 of the 7 episodes airing.
- popwatch.ew.com - Day One of the Democratic Convention Amy Sherman-Palladino, creator and executive producer of Gilmore Girls, and her husband, writer-producer Daniel Palladino, are guest-blogging the Democratic National Convention for PopWatch, so check back for frequent updates over the next few days....
- amazon.com - The Return of Jezebel James Season 1 can now be download legally, all the eps including the four that never aired for $1.99 each or $11.14 for the season of 7 eps.
Also available from bittorrent.com at the same price. Remember this is only available in the US.
- Ask Ausiello tvguide.com - Question: Has there been any news from Amy Sherman-Palladino about the Gilmore Girls TV-movie? Tammy
Ausiello: No, but here's something fun: One of my Broadway spies spotted Team Palladino in the audience at Xanadu last Saturday night. Amy and Dan apparently loved the show so much that they bid $300 for a Xanadu teddy bear at a charity auction immediately following the performance and they didn't even take the prize! And before you ask, yes, Amy was wearing one of her ginormous Dr. Seuss hats. - LG - Life's Good@FanForum
- www.thefutoncritic.com - It's the end of the road for "The Return of Jezebel James." FOX confirmed this afternoon it has pulled the plug on the freshman comedy. Repeats of "Bones" will return to the Friday, 8:00/7:00c hour beginning this week. As for "James," it's not clear if FOX will make the four remaining produced installments available on its web site or elsewhere. The show's most recent airing posted an invisible 1.1 adults 18-49 rating where it barely edged out a repeat of "Grey's Anatomy" on ABC (1.0 rating) for fourth place in its time period. copperboom@FanForum
- tvguide.com - Fox Cuts Short Sherman-Palladino's Return - Fox has closed the book on Amy Sherman-Palladino's post-Gilmore Girls comeback vehicle, The Return of Jezebel James, after three abysmally-rated outings. A Fox spokesperson confirms that the comedy starring Parker Posey and Lauren Ambrose as unlikely sisters has aired its last episode. OK, time for some Monday afternoon quarterbacking. Who deserves the blame here? AS-P? The person in charge of integrating that horrible laugh track? Posey for failing to be, well, Lauren Graham? Post your theories below. - gjoni@FanForum
- tvguide.com - Parker Posey: I know. I was like, "Should I call Lauren [Graham] and ask her how she did it?" Then I was, "No, I can do this. I'm just going to go and play ball!" - Wheredidtheanvilsgo?@FanForum
- usatoday.com - Shameless 'Jezebel' is biblically bad - If nothing else, The Return of Jezebel James will give you new respect for Lauren Graham, who made those Girls monologues seem natural and enchanting. Turned over to Parker Posey, Sherman-Palladino's just-keep-talking style becomes as annoying in fiction as it would in real life. - charmedchik74@FanForum
- newsday.com - How far can sisterhood extend? Proof is supplied by the two siblings in "The Return of Jezebel James," the edgy new Fox sitcom from the creator of "Gilmore Girls" debuting Friday at 8 p.m. - LG - Life's Good@FanForum
- tvguide.com - "My enthusiasm for Canterbury's Law almost makes up for my disappointment in Fox's newest midseason comedy, also built around prominent female leads: The Return of Jezebel James, from Gilmore Girls' Amy Sherman-Palladino." - caf123@FanForum
- Amy Sherman-Palladino interview - nytimes.com - Asked if she watched any part of the final Gilmore Girls season, Ms. Sherman-Palladino simply replied, No. Mr. Palladino added: It would be work to us. Every word, every frame, every shot, wed be sitting there going, I wouldnt do it that way. the interview goes on to cover her new show - ele309@FanForum
- The Return of Jezebel James pilot promo on youtube - LG - Life's Good
- From Matt Mitovich at TV Guide News - tvguide.com -"Fox has announced that the American Idol results show will be expanded to a full hour as of March 12, a bit sooner than planned. As a result, Gilmore girl Amy Sherman-Palladino's The Return of Jezebel James no longer will "sneak preview" in the choice apres-Idol slot. Instead, JJ will debut with back-to-back episodes on Friday, March 14, at 8 pm/ET. Friday at 8, yeah. No happy Return there." caf123@FanForum
- Amy Sherman Palladino - deadlinehollywooddaily.com - also spoke and expressed her concern over the 17-24 day window. The board seemed to not really want to deal with her, yet she made some very strong salient points. My feeling is the board, while not ramming it down our throats, was very adamant that if you dont take this deal it will be nuclear winter as Terry George described. However, there are some major points that are wrong with this deal.... caf123@FanForum
- tvguide.com - Amy Sherman-Palladino on the record for the first time about a Gilmore Girls reunion movie and what fans can do to make it happen! - Katiegg108@FanForum - recap The ASP part is right in the beginning, he interviewed her on the picket line. It starts right with her saying "Someone has to want me to" and laughs and Ausiello then of course says "I want you to". She furthermore says if the people who own Gilmore Girls want "us to come back together", she'd do it. MA then asks her what fans can do to make it happen and suggests people to picket in front of Peter Roth's house. Amy laughs and gets on the joke and says people should get there, they should get there and do it for any reason actually and every day and he'd see all the fans standing there every day when he gets into his car, which'd be "fabulous". thanks to Riska@FanForum
- No word on the last Gilmore words! - Ausiello interviewed Amy on the picket line about the last words and her new projects. Thanks to gjoni@FanForum for the transcript
- Screen Actors Guild strike - tvguide.com - Speaking of the S-word, I just returned from Strike Central at New York's Rockefeller Central and you're never going to believe who I spotted on the picket line: Team frakkin' Palladino! Good thing I had the foresight to bring a TVGuide.com video crew with me. To see highlights from my interview with AS-P as well as fellow picketers Tina Fey and Seth Meyers check back here in a few hours. - gjoni@FanForum
- Screenwriters Picket as Strike Begins - nytimes.com - I can barely switch on a computer, but we all know what is at stake here," said Amy Sherman-Palladino, a writer who is working on a Jezebel James, her new Fox series with Parker Posey, and was the co-creator of Gilmore Girls. We are taking a stand for the next 20 years, and what we do now is going to define the new business model going forward.
Just then, the chant switched to No money, no funny, a reminder that many of the people on the picket line on New York make their living writing for the various talk/comedy shows.
Ms. Sherman-Palladino continued, I was telling my husband Daniel Pallidino, her writing partner on the new Fox show and on Gilmore Girls, and a fellow picketer that we need some new and better chants, but he reminded me: No writing. None. - caf123@FanForum
- Setback for AS-P's Jezebel James? Ausiello - tvguide.com
Well, this isn't the most encouraging sign. The episode order for Fox's The Return of Jezebel James, Amy Sherman-Palladino's eagerly-awaited Gilmore Girls follow-up, has been trimmed from 13 to just seven. The half-hour comedy, which is essentially a female Odd Couple, stars Parker Posey and Lauren Ambrose as estranged sisters who forge an unusual partnership.
Although no reason was given for the downgrade, a Fox spokesperson acknowledged in a statement that, "For several years, midseason has been a busy time at FOX as we prepare to launch new series and make room for returning favorites like 24 and American Idol. We have always planned to launch The Return of Jezebel James in midseason, and seven episodes are all we need to allow us to program the series through the current broadcast season. We are big fans of Amy Sherman-Palladino, Dan Palladino and the extremely talented cast and are looking forward to airing the show."
The news comes on the same day that it was announced that AS-P would make her feature directorial debut with The Late Bloomer's Revolution, starring Sarah Jessica Parker. Coincidence? I think not.
Stand by for much more on this developing story, including reaction from Team Palladino and my own theory as to why Jezebel's return got cut short. - Katiegg108@FanForum
- Ausiello Report - Exclusive: AS-P Casts a VIP on Jezebel James - The cast of Amy Sherman-Palladino's new series just keeps getting better: The Ausiello Report has learned exclusively that The Return of Jezebel James has landed two-time Oscar winner Dianne Wiest to play Parker Posey and Lauren Ambrose's mom in several episodes.
Don't speak! There's no need.
Mom, whose name is Talia, is described as sweet but not in a the-mom-from-Edward Scissorhands kind of way there's a little aggression mixed with her passivity. So you can imagine how she'll react when finally her daughters join forces to give her the grandbaby she and her husband (played by Ron McLarty, who appears in the pilot) so desperately want.
Nice "get," huh?
Aside from that unfortunate stint on Law & Order, Wiest has always been a scene-stealer, and the idea of her going two-on-one with Posey (aka the next best thing to Lauren Graham) and Ambrose (the Six Feet Under live wire) is almost too good to be true. No, don't speak! I imagine you're speechless, anyway. On second thought, do speak. Thoughts? Cheers? Gratitude for the scoop? Additional reporting by Ben Katner
- thefutoncritic.com - THE RETURN OF JEZEBEL JAMES Posey's performance and Sherman-Palladino's script don't seem to be suited for the sitcom format.
- want to work on the new show? mandy.com - "We are looking for a first rate production interns. This is a fantastic opportunity to learn from an experienced crew and highly talented and creative minds." - gjoni@FanForum
- Amy's Own Words - "I'll plummet to my death." "''If you love it, let it go.'' If you love it, stay there and make sure no one else f---s it up." - River Run@TWoP
- Amy Sherman Palladino's new project - clip - "So funny ha ha That woman even looks like Lorelai (hair and stuff)" Cappuccino@FanForum
- Parker Posey is incredibly annoying in Jezebel James... - WandaRose@FanForum
- Ausiello - at the Fox upfronts - "It's time for AS-P's The Return of Jezebel James! Uh-oh. This looks shockingly generic"
- Amy Sherman Palladino's show "The Return of Jezebel James" will premiere in January on Fox. synopsis of the show thanks to - shinystar@FanForum